+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Milwall

Team for Milwall

With the playoffs looming we surely need to field a weakened team and rest the 1st 11. I would play kodja and that's about it because he needs matches.
    This is my first experience supporting villa in a play off. Can't wait!

Far too many already talking of Wembley as if we've already got there - remember Bradford!

It's a nothing game for Millwall now as the goal difference is 9 to equal Derby if they were to lose their last game, for us it's matter of continuing our form and Bruce may want to finalise the set-up for the 2 games based on the opposition. A brace for Kodj wouldn't do any harm at all!

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    With the playoffs looming we surely need to field a weakened team and rest the 1st 11. I would play kodja and that's about it because he needs matches.
    This is my first experience supporting villa in a play off. Can't wait!
    Tis everyone's first experience of the play offs mate. Last time we went up, we finished 2nd. Certainly an excitng prospect, at least SB has experienced them, and got promoted through the play offs.
    Bit of a lottery, can't see a clear favourite, it's all about big game pressure. In fairness to Bruce, we have done well of late in the big ones. The pressure of the second city derby, fear of not winning, never mind drawing. Wolves at home was a big pressure game. All season we've had the pressure of the 'big scalp'. Sometimes flopped, sometimes won, but we do have that winning experience of the 'pressure cooker' games.

Fulham, Cardiff, Boro, Derby haven't really played under the pressure this season. Fulham and Cardiff have been 'Dark horses' pressure free, now they have to deliver after being favourites for 2nd spot since Feb. Boro have snuck in unnoticed, not anymore, 1st real pressure of the season. Derby just bottle it anyway.

Hold on to your hats.

Good luck with the weakened team Bongo.

1. 10 of the players must have been in the match day squad vs Derby.

2. 5 of the players from the starting line up from the Derby match have to be in this starting line up.

3. The under 23's played an important 90 minute match 4-3 win over Reading to reach the play off final and have another cup final on Friday.

Play Gabby

Not!!!!!!!

I didn't know about those rules Stateside.
    Good idea about Gabby though yubs. Probably won't see him in a villa shirt again unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I didn't know about those rules Stateside.
    Good idea about Gabby though yubs. Probably won't see him in a villa shirt again unfortunately.
    They changed the rules after Huddersfield made 10 changes last season against Birmingham almost assuring Blackburn's relegation.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)