+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If By Some Miracle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If By Some Miracle

We stay up I'd ship this idiot out as soon as possible. I honestly believe if he had not played for us this season we would have more points than we have now. Whilst Big Dave talks about unity this footballing none entity comes out with this.
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...ave-west-brom/

A bit harsh Whicka.
    James Mc would never get a job as a diplomat and he is just answering the question honestly. At least he didn’t do a politician answer and just waffle around it.
    I think every player in the squad will be thinking exactly the same as James Mc the only difference is they are smart enough not to say it, or maybe haven’t been asked the question. Let’s assume that have a 40% reduction in salary after relegation, plus the high profile of being a PL footballer, who in their right mind wouldn’t be looking for a move, if they can get one. That will include most supporters as well if they are honest about it, if they were in the same lucky position.
    What worries me is that the good ones will go and the ones nobody wants will stay more than the fact they will be all trying and hoping to get fixed up next year with a PL contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    A bit harsh Whicka.
    James Mc would never get a job as a diplomat and he is just answering the question honestly. At least he didn’t do a politician answer and just waffle around it.
    I think every player in the squad will be thinking exactly the same as James Mc the only difference is they are smart enough not to say it, or maybe haven’t been asked the question. Let’s assume that have a 40% reduction in salary after relegation, plus the high profile of being a PL footballer, who in their right mind wouldn’t be looking for a move, if they can get one. That will include most supporters as well if they are honest about it, if they were in the same lucky position.
    What worries me is that the good ones will go and the ones nobody wants will stay more than the fact they will be all trying and hoping to get fixed up next year with a PL contract.
    I don't disagree but who does he think he is Zidane? He was "surviving" on the money he was getting at Wigan before we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I don't disagree but who does he think he is Zidane? He was "surviving" on the money he was getting at Wigan before we signed him.
    I wouldn't have minded him coming out with this but we aren't relegated yet and are in a decent run of form. There's still a chance (albeit a slim one) we could stay up.

This statement isn't likely to help us in our final two games.

I'm not deluded enough to think that all of our players will want to stay out of loyalty, but on the other side of the coin, I want every player to unite and give everything while we still have a chance, however remote it might be. He's clearly thinking about where he will be next season instead of the Tottenham at home on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Indeed, I do believe that he would be capable of "taking care of his family" on Championship wages as well...

I would hope the club would do everything in it's power to keep everyone on board this summer for next season , with the promise . give it one good go next season if we don't succeed in getting promotion, we as a club will let players go the season after if don't work out & players want to leave , I think as a club with parachute payments we won't be under to much pressure to sell anyone the only exception for me would be the pole .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    I would hope the club would do everything in it's power to keep everyone on board this summer for next season , with the promise . give it one good go next season if we don't succeed in getting promotion, we as a club will let players go the season after if don't work out & players want to leave , I think as a club with parachute payments we won't be under to much pressure to sell anyone the only exception for me would be the pole .
    This is exactly my take on things. Give us a season, if we want them, and then give them their wish if we don't go up.

The players that the club want to retain should be on the same money as they are in the Premiership...trust and loyalty has to be a two way thing if we want to keep what the players are showing at the moment.

If someone were to ask me to take a reduction for the same amount of work...the mods wouldn't print what I would tell the employers.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    The players that the club want to retain should be on the same money as they are in the Premiership...trust and loyalty has to be a two way thing if we want to keep what the players are showing at the moment.

If someone were to ask me to take a reduction for the same amount of work...the mods wouldn't print what I would tell the employers.
    In any other walk of life maybe.
    But not in the world of professional footballers. They have failed to meet targets month after month. They should have been performance managed out of the business. 4 of whom should be already gone for gross misconduct.
    It's worth remembering they all were happy to sign contracts with relegation clauses in that their wage would be reduced. Seems a reasonable request to ask them to honour it.

Contracts mean very little to the modern footballer, mercenaries the majority of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)