+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If By Some Miracle

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    In any other walk of life maybe.
    But not in the world of professional footballers. They have failed to meet targets month after month. They should have been performance managed out of the business. 4 of whom should be already gone for gross misconduct.
    It's worth remembering they all were happy to sign contracts with relegation clauses in that their wage would be reduced. Seems a reasonable request to ask them to honour it.
    Agree 100% on this one though Whicka. It is, or should be, common practice to get players to sign a reduction in wages clause for relegation. They cannot expect to be receiving PL wages when the club is on Championship income, albeit with some protection of the parachute payments.

I often wonder at the seemingly incompetent lot running our club but hopefully, and surely, they have got this one sorted and waterproof. The players do not deserve to get paid PL wages if we go down irrespective of whether they agree to stay or not.

It does though give the club the power. If he's under contract they do not have to sell. Mahrez, Berahino, Evans are all recent examples. Unless of course there is a release clause.
    How many times have we seen it, a club tell a player you’re under contract mate, they simply down tools until they get their move.
    The only difference with the three players you mentioned is Bera has permanently down tools the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    I would hope the club would do everything in it's power to keep everyone on board this summer for next season , with the promise . give it one good go next season if we don't succeed in getting promotion, we as a club will let players go the season after if don't work out & players want to leave , I think as a club with parachute payments we won't be under to much pressure to sell anyone the only exception for me would be the pole .
    This is exactly my take on things. Give us a season, if we want them, and then give them their wish if we don't go up.

Quote Originally Posted by wbatillidie View Post
    How many times have we seen it, a club tell a player you’re under contract mate, they simply down tools until they get their move.
    The only difference with the three players you mentioned is Bera has permanently down tools the tool.
    Yeh I know mate. But ultimately the club is in control.
    Back to McClean. If the Premier League wages were that important to him to look after his family etc. Maybe he should have stood his ground in the wall against Arsenal.

In any other walk of life maybe.
    But not in the world of professional footballers. They have failed to meet targets month after month. They should have been performance managed out of the business. 4 of whom should be already gone for gross misconduct.
    It's worth remembering they all were happy to sign contracts with relegation clauses in that their wage would be reduced. Seems a reasonable request to ask them to honour it.
    I realise the clauses etc. but if the club came up with money for the players they wish to retain...taking into account that four of them should not be playing agreed, but something given is worth twice the amount of something asked for in any kind of employment.

The way they performed for the other managers especially Pardew was down to the manager, players have already stated that they didn't practice the roles they were asked to do and I did say 'what we have at the moment' which is trust and respect for the trio that are running the team.

Nice to see you posting again Whicka_Mon.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    I realise the clauses etc. but if the club came up with money for the players they wish to retain...taking into account that four of them should not be playing agreed, but something given is worth twice the amount of something asked for in any kind of employment.

The way they performed for the other managers especially Pardew was down to the manager, players have already stated that they didn't practice the roles they were asked to do and I did say 'what we have at the moment' which is trust and respect for the trio that are running the team.

Nice to see you posting again Whicka_Mon.
    Thanks mate.
    What's so frustrating is we are so close to staying up. The ventilator is still turned on. Which in some cases can be seen as cruelty. The errors this absolute idiot has made could be the difference. It is clear he is only playing for himself now. I maintain that if we stay up he should be shipped out. He offers nothing at all. A winger that does not assist or score is useless.

Thanks mate.
    What's so frustrating is we are so close to staying up. The ventilator is still turned on. Which in some cases can be seen as cruelty. The errors this absolute idiot has made could be the difference. It is clear he is only playing for himself now. I maintain that if we stay up he should be shipped out. He offers nothing at all. A winger that does not assist or score is useless.
    I can see where you are coming from with McClean, not exactly a world beater is he? Perhaps he might be one of them that does leave, if he does try to leave and fails then I hope we treat him with the same kind of disrespect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)