+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which Player could stand out for each Play off Team.

Which Player could stand out for each Play off Team.

Millers ............. Joe Newell

Scunny ............ Duane Holmes [ Player I'd like at NYS ]

Plymouth ......... Graham Carey

Shrewsbury ...... Jon Nolan

Charlton ........... Johnnie Jackson ? [ defender who has been a asset, but decided to retire, to which I would
    .................................................. .. have thought Charlton would ask to do the play-offs ]

5 teams, Millers & Shrewsbury in the play-offs, other 3 chasing the last 2 play-off spots.

Other fans thoughts on each team.

Scunny. ...Ivan Toney.....just coming back into some sort of form. Young Duane may be influential in midfield however it could well be Toney that scores the goals. Considering Scunny sacked Graham Alexander not too long ago they've done well to still be in or around the play-offs.

Plymouth......Graham Carey......when Carey plays well Plymouth play well, keep him quiet and the Pilgrims are average. A type of player I would like in our team permanently.

Shrewsbury.......Jon Nolan...highly rated and quite a few Championship clubs have been looking at this lad.

Charlton.....Josh Magennis.......capable of doing us damage and one to watch for.
    Charlton had the biggest playing budget last season and failed miserably, this season they have high expectations despite constant turmoil with their backroom staff.

MILLERS.......MAREK RODAK.... cometh the hour cometh the man.
    Will need to be on top form and have one of his better games, which he's capable of.

All to play for, may the best team over the two legs win......
    As long as it's the Millers !!!

U.T.M.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 01-05-2018 at 04:45 AM.

Scunny. ...Ivan Toney.....just coming back into some sort of form. Young Duane may be influential in midfield however it could well be Toney that scores the goals. Considering Scunny sacked Graham Alexander not too long ago they've done well to still be in or around the play-offs.

Plymouth......Graham Carey......when Carey plays well Plymouth play well, keep him quiet and the Pilgrims are average. A type of player I would like in our team permanently.

Shrewsbury.......Jon Nolan...highly rated and quite a few Championship clubs have been looking at this lad.

agree with the above plus

Charlton.....Joe aribo.......capable of doing us damage only 21 years old.. midfielder who knows where the goal is.

midfield will be the key for the millers. vaukes towell and palmer needs to be at there best

Surprised no-one mentioned Adelakun for S****horpe, has 4th highest number of assists in League 1.

Scored tonight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Millers ............. Joe Newell

Scunny ............ Duane Holmes [ Player I'd like at NYS ]

Plymouth ......... Graham Carey

Shrewsbury ...... Jon Nolan

Charlton ........... Johnnie Jackson ? [ defender who has been a asset, but decided to retire, to which I would
    .................................................. .. have thought Charlton would ask to do the play-offs ]

5 teams, Millers & Shrewsbury in the play-offs, other 3 chasing the last 2 play-off spots.

Other fans thoughts on each team.
    Has said Duane Holmes star player for Scunny, had 2 good games in play-offs, & had good games against us in the league games.
    Like I said player I would like at NYS.

Holmes was their best player although he did miss a couple of sitters.

Adelakun despite the assist stats was disappointing bar a couple of great passes.

Whalley of Shrewsbury - double figures in both goals scored and assists - need to keep him quiet for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Has said Duane Holmes star player for Scunny, had 2 good games in play-offs, & had good games against us in the league games.
    Like I said player I would like at NYS.
    Tbf you got it spot on with Holmes though imo Nolan of shrews was the star of the playoffs and will be a handful at Wembley
    Newell didn't do much. Carey failed when he was needed by Plymouth and i don't think Jackson played

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Tbf you got it spot on with Holmes though imo Nolan of shrews was the star of the playoffs and will be a handful at Wembley
    Newell didn't do much. Carey failed when he was needed by Plymouth and i don't think Jackson played
    Jackson retired at the end of the season as I said in original posting, but he had a good season, to which I thought quite strange that Charlton didn't ask to do the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post

MILLERS.......MAREK RODAK.... cometh the hour cometh the man.
    Will need to be on top form and have one of his better games, which he's capable of.

U.T.M.
    Spot on Casper. He was on top form and his best game for The Millers