+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Parliament vote - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    In most cases yes, a few fat bankers going abroad, so what, outside of the square mile, no one will even notice.

Car production has always been a thorny issue and their sites have always been poisitioned for maximum, financial advantage so they are, have always been and will remain, susceptible to economic change.

The fact that the Irish border is being used in such a way i.e maintain the status qiuo or we'll start bombing you again, is disgracefull. Talk about 'gun boat diplomacy', what would you call this?

It's also very clear on the same issue, that Republicans and in fact the EU, are seizing on this opportunity, to try and unify Ireland hence the opposition by the DUP.
    How ignorant can you be? It's not the bankers themselves, it's losing the business. Have you any idea what international banking adds to our GDP?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    How ignorant can you be? It's not the bankers themselves, it's losing the business. Have you any idea what international banking adds to our GDP?
    Another poster here who leads with an insult, can't you make a point without?

What does this aspect of our economy put in the pocket of the average working man?
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 01-05-2018 at 04:50 PM.

I'm like this with it.
    After WW2, Germany and Japan were devastated and ruined. Financially crippled, yet rose like a phoenix from the ashes. Why? Because they had to and all shackles were removed.
    We as a country, had a huge industrial back ground before we got sucked into EU doctrines. We joined for free trade, nothing more. Now with the shackles on, we can do nothing without the bureaucrats say so simply take your place of the shelf.
    We allowed this to happen, by a few people. Both domestic and foreign.

Enough, lets give it a go. I'll take the pain for a while.
    Anything is better than where this is going, under an EU banner and rules.

Financial services are worth £119bn to the UK economy, employ 1.1m people and contribute £27.3bn in tax revenues (that's £525m per week) - this is just the direct income and jobs and does not include any multiplier effect and the indirect jobs it creates which will be significantly more.

It's all in the link below

http://researchbriefings.parliament....ummary/SN06193

Another poster here who leads with an insult, can't you make a point without?

What does this aspect of our economy put in the pocket of the average working man?
    ignorant
    ˈɪɡn(ə)r(ə)nt/Submit
    adjective
    lacking knowledge or awareness

I think I used it appropriately rather than insultingly

ignorant
    ˈɪɡn(ə)r(ə)nt/Submit
    adjective
    lacking knowledge or awareness

I think I used it appropriately rather than insultingly
    Inveterate snob, you purport to be more polite than the rest but revert to type at every opporunity despite chiding others for the same.

It would have been very easy to respond as Mapperley did
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 01-05-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Inveterate snob, you purport to be more polite than the rest but revert to type at every opporunity despite chiding others for the same.

It would have been very easy to respond as Mapperley did
    Sid loves to insult people, even when he knows that the other person has a valid point....welcome to the New, New Labour.....they want anarchy, they want people on the streets smashing windows, they would love another Grenfell fire, they would love another Windrush scandal......they scour the internet for yet another scandal......oh yes, 17 years ago a Conservative Councillor touched my ankle....get a grip everyone

Car manufacturing jobs are going nowhere.....we have 50 million UK cars to replace with electric within 20 years......the square mile is going nowhere because a simple click of a button is the most that is required for most transactions, and the UK will now be able to pick and choose taxation on profits ie stop in the UK and we will charge you only 10% Corporation taxes.....it aint rocket science

Oh yes, immigration.....we will now be able to pick-n-choose who the UK admits into the country to fill those NHS jobs....instead of sticking to some kind of quota....every other country does it......where is your insurance, where is your bank balance, where is your criminal record, where is your guaranteed income sufficient to pay for your 2 year stay?

We have become a soft touch for the thousands queueing up in Calais to GET OUT of France.....I wonder why?.....because Macron just passed a law that jails illegals!!....well done France....I wonder if we have the balls to do the same?

... the appointment of Sajid Javid should lead to fun. Ask many of the long-time legitimate immigrant Asians who have worked their butts of to make a good life for themselves and they will tell you how soft and useless UK governance has become. In particular, many condemn the weak approach to law and order. SJ seems to be a straight talking character and it will be interesting to see how he addresses the PC yoghurt knitting brigade who are afraid to upset anyone at the expense of the core UK population. Although his own working background is very much 'establishment' I look forward to a stronger approach to getting rid of the parasites who bleed this country. No doubt Snobhead 2 will rail against any significant change which ought to be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... the appointment of Sajid Javid should lead to fun. Ask many of the long-time legitimate immigrant Asians who have worked their butts of to make a good life for themselves and they will tell you how soft and useless UK governance has become. In particular, many condemn the weak approach to law and order. SJ seems to be a straight talking character and it will be interesting to see how he addresses the PC yoghurt knitting brigade who are afraid to upset anyone at the expense of the core UK population. Although his own working background is very much 'establishment' I look forward to a stronger approach to getting rid of the parasites who bleed this country. No doubt Snobhead 2 will rail against any significant change which ought to be introduced.
    Actually a very clever move by TM, sack a woman that was clearly misled by internal Home Office e-mails, but replace her with a 2nd generation, non-practising Muslim...very, very difficult for Labour to keep beating the drum of institutional racism when you have a guy like Javid taking the flak.

3 months from now, this will be a non-issue with Diane Abbott the only one still screaming "racism" in her own echo-chamber....good move Theresa.

The usual Brexiteer crap. You are a bunch of cop outs. I knew what you would all do: change the question so you could answer within your own comfort zone.
    The premise was straightforward: is leaving the EU worth it if these were the consequences.
    Probably because the question is hypothetical and sounds a bit like project fear everyone is ignoring it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast