+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Parliament vote - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well that's another nail in the House of Lords coffin (no pun intended)
    It would take a special kind of idiot, to not see that all they are doing is looking after themselves. Non elected gimmes, who have been given a cushy existence for back scratching and hush money. However, lots of these are just EU propaganda machines, bought by money.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/289917...brexit-debate/

But lets look at the broader issue here. I actually feel sorry for May(Christ, did I just say that?)
    She can't win.
    She's obligated to see Brexit through, or undermine the very core of democracy.
    However, the remoaners won't let it go, so it drags on and on. Every obstacle they lay, gives the EU encouragement and more demands.
    It essence it will satisfy no one.

If we leave, the remoaners will have helped encourage the worst deal going for us, because it gave the likes of Gina Miller ammunition.
    If we stay, the outers will never forgive the government and expect political revolution.

The next party to promise, EU outage and the likes of the Lords abolished, will split the main parties down the middle.
    If you thought things were bad, in or out. Wait till that scenario surfaces.
    Morning benefit boy.
    I don't care what newspaper you scoff. Is the story factual or what?
    In your eyes, if it isn't in the Morning star/Guardian/or part of the Karl Marx theology, it must be crap?
    The Lords is full of EU leeches from Kinnock to Lord Moat.
    What I find funny, is a bottom feeder like you, would normally loathe these elite vermin. Yet because it suits your rhetoric for being a submissive, you say nothing.

Only one thick **** here sugar, that's you I'm afraid. Need help with the forms?
    This is a bit of a first for me, but I’m genuinely interested in your opinion on something.

Why do you think the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Telegraph and historically the Express, are so anti the EU and everything associated with it?

Elite, you don’t know how much more pleasant it makes it to sit around on my arse,, watching my **** channels smoking my fags and drinking my Special Brew knowing that the likes of Thicky and Siccerman are helping to pick up the tab. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I thought Soccerman was the only one on here pigsh!t thick enough to assume that anyone who isn't keen on the Tories has to be on benefits.

Seems I was wrong.

Wrong on many things

Well that's another nail in the House of Lords coffin (no pun intended)
    It would take a special kind of idiot, to not see that all they are doing is looking after themselves. Non elected gimmes, who have been given a cushy existence for back scratching and hush money. However, lots of these are just EU propaganda machines, bought by money.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/289917...brexit-debate/

But lets look at the broader issue here. I actually feel sorry for May(Christ, did I just say that?)
    She can't win.
    She's obligated to see Brexit through, or undermine the very core of democracy.
    However, the remoaners won't let it go, so it drags on and on. Every obstacle they lay, gives the EU encouragement and more demands.
    It essence it will satisfy no one.

If we leave, the remoaners will have helped encourage the worst deal going for us, because it gave the likes of Gina Miller ammunition.
    If we stay, the outers will never forgive the government and expect political revolution.

The next party to promise, EU outage and the likes of the Lords abolished, will split the main parties down the middle.
    If you thought things were bad, in or out. Wait till that scenario surfaces.

I can’t argue with that.

So here's my hypothetical. Brexiteers please answer the problem given and do not rearrange its premise.
    Would you still vote to leave the EU if the following were to occur -
    we lost most of our financial services to overseas
    Nissan, Honda and Toyota took production elsewhere
    the Irish border problem caused the troubles to flare up again?
    In your view, is it a price worth paying?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So here's my hypothetical. Brexiteers please answer the problem given and do not rearrange its premise.
    In most cases yes, a few fat bankers going abroad, so what, outside of the square mile, no one will even notice.

Car production has always been a thorny issue and their sites have always been poisitioned for maximum, financial advantage so they are, have always been and will remain, susceptible to economic change.

The fact that the Irish border is being used in such a way i.e maintain the status qiuo or we'll start bombing you again, is disgracefull. Talk about 'gun boat diplomacy', what would you call this?

It's also very clear on the same issue, that Republicans and in fact the EU, are seizing on this opportunity, to try and unify Ireland hence the opposition by the DUP.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 01-05-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Would you vote to stay if non of the above happened
    Our borders remained open to all and sundry meaning the NHS, our schools etc. Couldn't cope.
    We become part of a European super state run from Brussels (aka Germany and France)
    All our laws are dictated to us by them
    Not allowed to deport rapists and murderers because of their human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... 1961 ... please try to avoid mentioning the HOL and our worst ever Captain in the same comment. I appreciate that it's difficult to decide which/who is the most ineffective ...

Yes, it’s hypothetical, it won’t happen. The people have spoken....get on with it.

The usual Brexiteer crap. You are a bunch of cop outs. I knew what you would all do: change the question so you could answer within your own comfort zone.
    The premise was straightforward: is leaving the EU worth it if these were the consequences.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast