+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Parliament vote - EU

OT - Parliament vote - EU

The remainers continueto try and thwart Brexit and this move, plays right in to the EU's hands. The EU now know that we can effectively, no longer hold the 'no deal' scenario over them, game over and whatever your views, that was a big card to hold. Had we been able to have the option of walking away with the £30-50 Billion we promised them, that would have provided some leverage but that seems to have gone with this vote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43951405

All parties should be united in getting the best deal for the UK without staying tied in to the EU but this would remove one of our biggest batgaining tools. If the remainerrs can't avoid Brexit, they're determined to get it on their own terms.

Some are determined to stay tied to the EU regardless and without any kind of vote on anything at all, what would be the point, we may as well just ignore the vote cos they won't be happy until it's overturned.

I can see brexit happening in name only, we will pay billions but still be tied to the EU.
    It will be interesting to see if there is any backlash from voters and to the unelected house of duffers (Lords) if it happens that way.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I can see brexit happening in name only, we will pay billions but still be tied to the EU.
    It will be interesting to see if there is any backlash from voters and to the unelected house of duffers (Lords) if it happens that way.
    Nobody voted for any of this cr@p - it's time to scrap Brexit.

We can still walk away with no deal. Government still doesn't need a vote for no deal only a vote for the deal. Then theirs the Parliament Act and the potential of a snap election based on Brexit.

... 1961 ... please try to avoid mentioning the HOL and our worst ever Captain in the same comment. I appreciate that it's difficult to decide which/who is the most ineffective ...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    We can still walk away with no deal. Government still doesn't need a vote for no deal only a vote for the deal. Then theirs the Parliament Act and the potential of a snap election based on Brexit.
    Well that's another nail in the House of Lords coffin (no pun intended)
    It would take a special kind of idiot, to not see that all they are doing is looking after themselves. Non elected gimmes, who have been given a cushy existence for back scratching and hush money. However, lots of these are just EU propaganda machines, bought by money.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/289917...brexit-debate/

But lets look at the broader issue here. I actually feel sorry for May(Christ, did I just say that?)
    She can't win.
    She's obligated to see Brexit through, or undermine the very core of democracy.
    However, the remoaners won't let it go, so it drags on and on. Every obstacle they lay, gives the EU encouragement and more demands.
    It essence it will satisfy no one.

If we leave, the remoaners will have helped encourage the worst deal going for us, because it gave the likes of Gina Miller ammunition.
    If we stay, the outers will never forgive the government and expect political revolution.

The next party to promise, EU outage and the likes of the Lords abolished, will split the main parties down the middle.
    If you thought things were bad, in or out. Wait till that scenario surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well that's another nail in the House of Lords coffin (no pun intended)
    It would take a special kind of idiot, to not see that all they are doing is looking after themselves. Non elected gimmes, who have been given a cushy existence for back scratching and hush money. However, lots of these are just EU propaganda machines, bought by money.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/289917...brexit-debate/

But lets look at the broader issue here. I actually feel sorry for May(Christ, did I just say that?)
    She can't win.
    She's obligated to see Brexit through, or undermine the very core of democracy.
    However, the remoaners won't let it go, so it drags on and on. Every obstacle they lay, gives the EU encouragement and more demands.
    It essence it will satisfy no one.

If we leave, the remoaners will have helped encourage the worst deal going for us, because it gave the likes of Gina Miller ammunition.
    If we stay, the outers will never forgive the government and expect political revolution.

The next party to promise, EU outage and the likes of the Lords abolished, will split the main parties down the middle.
    If you thought things were bad, in or out. Wait till that scenario surfaces.
    “To prove my point about EU propaganda machines, I’m now going to link to an article from The Sun.”

Hahahahathicktw@thahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    “To prove my point about EU propaganda machines, I’m now going to link to an article from The Sun.”

Hahahahathicktw@thahahahaha.
    Morning benefit boy.
    I don't care what newspaper you scoff. Is the story factual or what?
    In your eyes, if it isn't in the Morning star/Guardian/or part of the Karl Marx theology, it must be crap?
    The Lords is full of EU leeches from Kinnock to Lord Moat.
    What I find funny, is a bottom feeder like you, would normally loathe these elite vermin. Yet because it suits your rhetoric for being a submissive, you say nothing.

Only one thick **** here sugar, that's you I'm afraid. Need help with the forms?

All parties, regardless of whether they are supporters of Brexit or not, should, at least align and agree that Brexit will happen so we need garner the best deal possible fo the UK, not bicker and sqabble which is only giving power to the EU.

Unless we can present a united front, we will end up as members in name only, with no vote, floodgates still wide open, beholdent to EU law but still paying hundreds of millions in memberships fees. Fees which will be used to build roads in Lithuania and airports in Poland etc instead of rebuilding our own schools and hospitals.

The fact is that no one wants a 'no deal' outcome but whilst that possibility exists, it's a bargaining chip, one that the Lords are effectively trying to snatch away and I just don't see why they would do that, an absolute own goal.

If the remainers continue on this path, we will end up with the worst, possible outcome and then of course it will be the Brexiters fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Morning benefit boy.

Need help with the forms?
    I thought Soccerman was the only one on here pigsh!t thick enough to assume that anyone who isn't keen on the Tories has to be on benefits.

Seems I was wrong.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast