+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match programme Yay or Nay

Match programme Yay or Nay

Clubs are to vote on whether to keep the Match day programme this summer,i just wondered if anyone on here bought em anymore.I do, i buy em from the same lad who sells em on't turnstyle i go in at,but i don't think it'd be a disaster if they wern't on sale except of course for the folk who sell em would miss out on a bit of extra dosh.UTCB

Of course we need them! What are we going to chuck on the pitch at half time if we're losing 0-3..?

I like the programme to be fair, but I like to get in the ground early, and it passes some time. Unfortunately its the wrong size for any pocket I may have, so I end up rolling it up or folding it, which knackers it anyway. I have very fond memories of my kids when they were about 7ish, sending them to the guy on Cherry Street corner, the guy with the big voice, and getting them to ask "Have you got any programmes, Mister? How much are they?" for which they got a gesture of a 'clip round the ear'.

Hows this for an idea. An e-programme. Everyones on their bleedin phones all game anyway. Subscription of £20 for the year or something. Read it on your phone, but if you can't get to the game it keeps you more involved anyway.

I always buy a programme and would even like United to produce a weekly version to cover the away games....bit like a weekly magazine.
    I always buy a PO final prograame and always give them away to a winning team supporter

Never buy a programme anymore I used to but burnt them all in a fit of rage after the Walsall relegation game the only ones I have are play off finals and FA cup semis. On the other hand a m8 of mine buys them home and away has them delivered by post to which they are dispensed into a plastic folder to keep them in mint condition god knows what he'll do if they stop producing them although I know his mrs will be over the moon

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Never buy a programme anymore I used to but burnt them all in a fit of rage after the Walsall relegation game the only ones I have are play off finals and FA cup semis. On the other hand a m8 of mine buys them home and away has them delivered by post to which they are dispensed into a plastic folder to keep them in mint condition god knows what he'll do if they stop producing them although I know his mrs will be over the moon
    if they do stop then the old programmes will increase in value....tell your mate to hang on to them.

TBH I dont think ours is that good, My lad buys it every week and we have been to 45 out of 46 games (Including Brizzle this Saturday) so we have seen most of the away ones,

I would put ours in midtable really as there are better ones as well as poorer ones,

The best programme this year I would say was Fulham away, A very good read with a fair chunk of nostalgia mixed into it,

Norwich away was also a good read as it had a large section about a 1959 cup Tie between the Blades and Norwich as well as other nostalgia about the Blades.

Millwall away was also up there as again it was nostalgic with a great section of "Where are they now" concerning previous selected meetings between the Lions and the Blades.

Its all obviously subjective as my favourites may not be other peoples etc but as for the actual concept of having a match programme then I would say keep it after a review as its also a sometimes fond reminder of the game in question,

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post

Hows this for an idea. An e-programme. Everyones on their bleedin phones all game anyway. Subscription of £20 for the year or something. Read it on your phone, but if you can't get to the game it keeps you more involved anyway.
    That's a fantastic idea, FKB.

I just buy the souvenir value ones,think that type of programme will always be printed and sold.

The answer is to go digital so that folks can buy a digital version and view it on there phone.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    I just buy the souvenir value ones,think that type of programme will always be printed and sold.

The answer is to go digital so that folks can buy a digital version and view it on there phone.
    I don't have a smart(?) phone but I do use a laptop so I'd have to view it on line the day before etc. Probably end up printing it to take to the game.....rather have a glossy version for £3.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    That's a fantastic idea, FKB.

I'm not Managing Director for nothing, CD...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast