+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well Done Jonah

Well Done Jonah

Unexpected, but very welcome nonetheless.

Only Callum and Kirky to go now.

Wow....that's a game changer...we have some serious selection options for next season now even if we lose Callum Ainley well done Dave Artell and the board in coming up with a proposition to keep Jonah here...at least until the right offer comes along for him and the Alex.

Great news! Perhaps this will encourage the other two to sign a new contract. I was not aware that he had a move lined up to Preston NE before his injury. It would be great if we can keep him (and he stays fit) for the season.

Wow! Amazing! Completely out of the blue! Without putting a damper on it, I take it PNE have moved on.

Whatever, I'm happy Jonah is staying (for the moment).

Does this cancel out the need for Green? Hopefully not as Jonah may still go in the New Year

No,I think Green should still be our prime target ,provided we don't have to commit to a 2 year deal .With regard to Pne ,I understand they have switched their attention to Callum Ainley, and persuing it fairly aggressively. Anyway it's all interesting stuff.

Well, I'll be honest, I expected to lose both - especially Jonah!!
    So to secure his services for another 6-12 months at least is a real bonus.

Come on, Callum lad, you know it makes sense ....!!

Top 10 a real possibility now.

This took me by surprise, I imagine it was due to his long injury, he needs to get playing again and then he will get that move, but great news all the same, its a big boost for the squad and for DA. There has to be a ? over Green, even if we lose Ainley and I hope we don't, do we need another midfield player, there has to be other priorities. I always thought bring in Green to replace Jones but as Jones is staying, not so sure now.