+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Preddie League Alfie

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im a West Yorkie and I grew up amongst Leeds fans and friends at school, and I could have been one of them as my elder brothers wanted me to be. I held out though until Barnsley came along, in the promotion winning season of 1980-81 when funnily enough, our two biggest names at the time were messrs Clarke & Hunter!.
    Norman breaks yer legs Hunter and Alan sniffer Clark

Yep, two Burnsley legends they are Gaz and always will be.
    I found it interesting hearing Mick Mack's all time favourite 11 and I think he picked both of them in his team, from his time alongisde them at Oakwell of course.

Yep, two Burnsley legends they are Gaz and always will be.
    I found it interesting hearing Mick Mack's all time favourite 11 and I think he picked both of them in his team, from his time alongisde them at Oakwell of course.
    Ahh at Oakwell of course

you had me wondering for a min til I read that.

Sniffer played for Walsall in his early days I think

Lorrimer had the hardest shot at 60mph. Which is going some for a medicine ball by today's standards

Back in '78 Gaz (and this was a few seasons before I even knew Barnsley existed let alone even had a footy team), Clarkie joined us as an old fashioned number 9 player AND manager. And he revolutionised us as a club with his own fresh & new ideas that we'd never seen or heard of before.
    One of his biggest 'gambles' if you can call it that was to take the whole squad down one of the local pits with the miners, and show them what real hard work was like. His point was to show them that they are higher paid footballers and that they should appreciate what they have got, and it worked brilliantly for their confidence etc because we won promotion in that first season under him.

Back in '78 Gaz (and this was a few seasons before I even knew Barnsley existed let alone even had a footy team), Clarkie joined us as an old fashioned number 9 player AND manager. And he revolutionised us as a club with his own fresh & new ideas that we'd never seen or heard of before.
    One of his biggest 'gambles' if you can call it that was to take the whole squad down one of the local pits with the miners, and show them what real hard work was like. His point was to show them that they are higher paid footballers and that they should appreciate what they have got, and it worked brilliantly for their confidence etc because we won promotion in that first season under him.
    Nice one Acido, he was a quiet gent really wasn't he

Alfie ya ConT

What are your plans about this preddie league for the World Cup???

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Alfie ya ConT

What are your plans about this preddie league for the World Cup???
    No plans Gaz,I'm off on my sabbatical for Five months next week,so will just be posting my predictions ..I wish you and all other posters on here a great summer and enjoy your holidays wherever they make take you..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    No plans Gaz,I'm off on my sabbatical for Five months next week,so will just be posting my predictions ..I wish you and all other posters on here a great summer and enjoy your holidays wherever they make take you..
    Before you go can you give us some idea as what to expect and how to go about it please? Is there anything we need to do this end?

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Before you go can you give us some idea as what to expect and how to go about it please? Is there anything we need to do this end?
    You just need to go on Leedsmad and make your predictions when they are up,just like you do on here..(I think) ..lol

No doubt Dave will give you the heads up when it starts as he does predictions on Leeds mad ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You just need to go on Leedsmad and make your predictions when they are up,just like you do on here..(I think) ..lol

No doubt Dave will give you the heads up when it starts as he does predictions on Leeds mad ..
    Thanks Alfie but that's not fair on davee who should enjoy a good rest after all his hard work.

Any idea how it's going to work as in will it be for all games or just England?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast