+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Preddie League Alfie

World Cup Preddie League Alfie

Alfie, do you want a thread to refer to for the World Cup Preddie thread?

Just wondering how you want to play it.

So you are a closet Leeds fan eh gaz. As we were at school at the same time, I was at Gloucester early 70's and there were quite a few Leeds fans but I was one of the others who did not like them. They were too dirty and although they could also play great football, they did not win that much and were more often the brides.

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    So you are a closet Leeds fan eh gaz. As we were at school at the same time, I was at Gloucester early 70's and there were quite a few Leeds fans but I was one of the others who did not like them. They were too dirty and although they could also play great football, they did not win that much and were more often the brides.
    I was young davee and while in infants I liked Celtic so there's no rhyme or reason to my stupidity and indeed no end to it either.

I think they beat Chelsea for the FA cup after how many replays I dunno.

The thing with Leeds was man marking, apart from battering the opposition, as they always seemed to have three on a player and closed him right down.

A lot of good stuff can be learnt from how they played back then.

Gloucester eh? My dear ol chap was a Gloucester Rugby fan and I used to go up and watch now and again.

Once saw the first Japanese team to visit England play there once.

One of my schoolmates Steve Baker played Scrum Half for Gloucester for a while, it would have been late 70's or early eighties. I saw him on telly a few times. Rugby Special or something like that.

Chelsea beat Leeds 2-1 at Old Trafford in 1970 after a 2-2 draw at Wembley, which was one of the dirtiest games I have ever seen.

One of my schoolmates Steve Baker played Scrum Half for Gloucester for a while, it would have been late 70's or early eighties. I saw him on telly a few times. Rugby Special or something like that.

Chelsea beat Leeds 2-1 at Old Trafford in 1970 after a 2-2 draw at Wembley, which was one of the dirtiest games I have ever seen.
    You seem more of a fan than I davee.

They beat the top London boys of that era, my mistake

I remember more from the 60, 70 80 era than more recent years.

What about that Don Rogers?

I remember more from the 60, 70 80 era than more recent years.

What about that Don Rogers?
    He still goes to the matches davee and says hello to me. I think he thinks I'm someone lol

I remember Chivers & Peters

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    He still goes to the matches davee and says hello to me. I think he thinks I'm someone lol

I remember Chivers & Peters
    What about Peters and Lee?

PoxFud fans I think

Im a West Yorkie and I grew up amongst Leeds fans and friends at school, and I could have been one of them as my elder brothers wanted me to be. I held out though until Barnsley came along, in the promotion winning season of 1980-81 when funnily enough, our two biggest names at the time were messrs Clarke & Hunter!.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast