+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tonights Games.

Yes but good runs have to end too.

S****horpe are a tidy team but they were playing a team who had gone a game too far. Plymouth had no attacking threat at all. Fair play to them though. Fantastic performance to finish 7th after the start they had. I know it’s not over yet but I don’t think Argyle have anything left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Yes but good runs have to end too.

S****horpe are a tidy team but they were playing a team who had gone a game too far. Plymouth had no attacking threat at all. Fair play to them though. Fantastic performance to finish 7th after the start they had. I know it’s not over yet but I don’t think Argyle have anything left in the tank.
    Yes, Ryan Taylor was their main goal threat and he got injured.

Must have improved a lot since he left Rotherham I must say.

Mind you he's 29 now and I still think of him as that young kid, time goes fast.

We have plus 19 goals. Scunny plus 15. Please don't let scunny overtake us. I'm away next week and deff don't want to play at home first

Just to be clear there would have to be a 5 goal swing for S****horpe to overtake us.
    If Scunny won by 2 and we lost by 2 (or any combination that results in a 4 goal swing) we would have the same points and goal difference we would still be 4th on goals scored.

I don’t expect it but worth pointing out.

S****horpe and Charlton both in form, going to be difficult for sure.

I actually think playing the 1st leg away is a disadvantage for the 3rd and 4th placed teams.
    I've always felt it's the wrong way round.

So after flattering to deceive the 3 'P' clubs all miss out, barring an unlikely pair of results on Saturday evening - why have all the games been moved to 17:30?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So after flattering to deceive the 3 'P' clubs all miss out, barring an unlikely pair of results on Saturday evening - why have all the games been moved to 17:30?

TV rights Sky etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I actually think playing the 1st leg away is a disadvantage for the 3rd and 4th placed teams.
    I've always felt it's the wrong way round.
    The Beeb did an analysis of 20 years of championship play-offs some years ago:

The 3rd place team won their semi 60% of the time
    4th place 45%
    5th place 55%
    6th place 40%

Although the 3rd placed team (home second leg) fared best the 5th placed team (away second leg) didn't do much worse and did better than the 4th placed team.

Perhaps we should also consider that, based on league positions, the 3rd team are better than the 4th, who are better than the 5th and so on. However the differences in league position can be only down to one point or even GD.

Also (nothing to do with home and away legs but interesting):
    the team with the best form coming into the play-offs reached the final 50% of the time
    The second best form team did it 45% of the time
    The third best form team did it 70% of the time
    The 4th best form team did it 35% of the time

So - no overwhelming evidence that away leg second is either an advantage or disadvantage or that form coming into the play-offs is that important.

Got to be 2nd leg at home for me. I want to be there when the tie is actually decided, not just for the first half.

13 hours late, but I got a notification on my phone saying scunny had scored last night 2 min before it went in? When i watch live football i expect it to be live.

I overall it shouldn't make a difference who plays home/away first, but i think it will make a difference to us, we've only won once (?) on a mid-week night match in about 3 seasons, so whilst we have nothing to play for saturday its important to us that we stay in 4th

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast