+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings

Player ratings

Just back from the game. Here's my player ratings. I've not been to as many games as I'd like this season, so seeing a few players for the first time.

Mehmet - 9 our man of the match by far I'd say. Made a couple of crucial saves, especially the one from the header from their free kick.

Ralston - 5 Seemed to be getting skinned a lot in the first half and offered nothing going forward.

Murdoch - 6 did OK I think. Don't seem to have many memories of him.

Mohsni - 7 Seems to take a bit of stick from the fans but looks like a player I like. Tries to play football from the back rather than humping up the pitch. Would rather pay money to watch someone try to play. Dangerous from set pieces as well.

Robson - 5 Pars seems to target him with long balls and was a good decision from them as he lost every challenge in the air. Like Ralston offered nothing going forward.

Fraser - 6.5 Similar to Moshni he was trying to play football and he's the only one in this team of absolute cart horses who looks like he could create something.... anything. Unlucky not to score as well.

Flood - 6 Does what he always does. Runs about and passes sideways.

Gillespie - 4 Who the f*ck is this guy. Jesus, seriously! At one point the ball was coming to him and he thought about doing the usual and humping forward. Then changed his mind and tried to control it, miscontrolled it and then humped it out the park. Summed up his performance.

King - 3 Could've stuck a cardboard cutout of me on the wing and I would've done as much as King. Never beat a man, always turned back and never stuck in a cross.

McDonald - 6 Put in a shift but didn't get much return. Did well to earn the red card for the defender.

Mikkelsen - 4 Offered nothing, but was living off scrapes.

Overall - Really poor performance. Looked like we set out to settle for the draw and only came out a bit when they went down to 10 men. In the 90 mins I don't think a United player took on and beat an opponent. How do you win a game like that? 11 v 11 Dunfermline were the better side by far and were really unlucky not to score. Big game on Friday, can't take anything for granted.

harsh with a few things imo

defence was decent. murdoch was steady and Ralston at least tried to get forward. Robson's still a bombscare at times.
    Gilliespie does ALOT of work that no one see's. he does the dirty work no one else wants to do! covering/tracking. not great on the ball but abit harsh imo
    King is a confidence player and he didnt look confident today! if he was he would have scored twice. 3's probably harsh as he does put in a big shift defensively.

the rest i agree with.

i think the main thing is that we didn't lose any stupid goals and still have it all to play for. disappointed we didnt capitalize on the sending off but they could have easily won the game also so content without being overly happy with result. performance needs to be better if we are going to progress.

I am trying to convince myself that Robson deserves a better score than 5 when i remember his covering challenge in the first half. I then remember the hole he seemed to have in his boot on a couple of occasions. I do think King was dragging him down a fair bit.

When Dunfermline went to 10 men, if they were not going side to side, all our defensive players seemed to run out of ideas very quickly. Its like they were sticking to the game plan even though it was bloody obvious the game had changed! It wasnt only because the attacking players were not moving enough, they didnt seem to have a bloody clue!

Seeing a generous score for Flood there too !

Agree some of the scores are harsh. But the team was booed off the park by a lot of folk and they didn't do much to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Harsh but fair I'd say 🙂

Like I say, I've not been to many games this season so hats off to all the guys going regularly. Reckon you guys should be getting all the end of year awards rather than any of the players if you've had to put up with performances like that for most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFC4EVER View Post
    I've not been to as many games as I'd like this season, so seeing a few players for the first time.

Overall - Really poor performance. .
    Last night wasnt actually that bad, but then if you're not used to seeing us...

Robson is a complete waste of a wage/strip. Should have took him off for nae neck and went 3 at the back and f ucking went for it.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Robson is a complete waste of a wage/strip. Should have took him off for nae neck and went 3 at the back and f ucking went for it.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    He's also part of a defence that's had 5 clean sheets in 5 matches....

Robson is absolutely ****ing dreadful can’t wait till he’s gone in summer:
    Anyway ratings

Deniz 10 would be out if it wasn’t for him

Ralston murdoch mosh all 6 all done ok

Robson 3 dreadful

Fraser 5 absolutely no fault of his own, he is not a winger, never will be a winger play our best player in his best position csaba u idiot

Flood 5 lost the ball a lot slows it down runs aboot

Gillespie 4 worst game, poor ball retention

King 3 dreadful, ****ing shoot

Mcdonald 5 our best striker in no 10 position, absolutely no threat when he’s there, huffs and puffs

Mikelsen 2 either holding his head or on his arse

Subs all wrong, Stanton and McMullan should have been on straigh away when they went down to 10, but no he waits 5/10 mins to bring on stanton and then brings lyng on, absolutely disgraceful display from csaba so so negative

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)