+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Transfer targets thread

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Including the stat that shows us 5th in the table?

The stats also show that we tend to get more points when Shola plays too so either way you're not making a valid point unless you only consider strikers to be "effective" if they score 20 goals a season
    We finished 5th so every player had been really good this season? And isn’t scoring is a fairly important part of a striker’s job? Neither have I ever bought the “we get more points when x happens to be playing” line. Will be accurate for some but not others.

Experimental 361 is a stats based website that analyses teams and individual players effectiveness and Stead and Shola are rated poorly for their attacking threat. I’d link to it but haven’t worked out how to. The point is I really don’t want to watch too many more old players next season.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Interesting to see those stats broken down into 1st half of the season v 2nd half......I would argue that we were "sussed out" by all the other teams, around xmas time and the Shola-Stead combo started to look decidedly dodgy as we looked like nose-diving towards 10th or 11th place......the re-introduction of Forte saved our bacon IMO.

Just my opinion, though I grant you that over the whole season they have done a sterling job.
    We lost our best player in Ryan Yates who went up a level and actually its probably worked out for him now. Yates was the ideal foil for Grant to get forward and feed off the slowsome twosome. Yates left. No Plan B. That's it really. We weren't sussed out we lost Plan A and Plan B was to boot it up the field and hope for the best. We tried to sign a replacement for the slowsome twosome and it didnt get what we wanted and the one we signed was injured after one game unsusprisingly as he always gets injured. Eventually Nolan swallowed his pride and played Forte and lucky for us he decided to put a bit of effort in.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    We lost our best player in Ryan Yates who went up a level and actually its probably worked out for him now. Yates was the ideal foil for Grant to get forward and feed off the slowsome twosome. Yates left. No Plan B. That's it really. We weren't sussed out we lost Plan A and Plan B was to boot it up the field and hope for the best. We tried to sign a replacement for the slowsome twosome and it didnt get what we wanted and the one we signed was injured after one game unsusprisingly as he always gets injured. Eventually Nolan swallowed his pride and played Forte and lucky for us he decided to put a bit of effort in.
    Pretty much spot on....let's hope that Forte scores a bagful in the next three games

From the little we saw of him I'd love to see a season long loan of Mason Bennett if he can be kept in one piece for at least the majority of it. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    From the little we saw of him I'd love to see a season long loan of Mason Bennett if he can be kept in one piece for at least the majority of it. Thoughts?
    There's no limit on loan players a club can have, and he looked exciting against Crewe from what I saw. If he breaks down again we can just send him back on crutches - again

I guess the downside is that we could be focusing on a player that's more likely to stay fit for longer than a game and a half, but we could be doing that also.

On balance, Bennett might well be worth a second punt.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    There's no limit on loan players a club can have, and he looked exciting against Crewe from what I saw. If he breaks down again we can just send him back on crutches - again

I guess the downside is that we could be focusing on a player that's more likely to stay fit for longer than a game and a half, but we could be doing that also.

On balance, Bennett might well be worth a second punt.
    There is a limit on long term loan players and I'm not sure I'd want to waste a spot on someone that probably won't stay fit longer than the first month of his loan.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345