+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer targets thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Age is just a number,

Notts County have the 3rd oldest squad in league 2, with the average age being just over 28 years, and only behind Grimsby and Wycombe.

https://twitter.com/NottsCworld

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Notts County have the 3rd oldest squad in league 2, with the average age being just over 28 years, and only behind Grimsby and Wycombe.

You missed 'Colin' off my quote. It was something Shaun Derry used to say to Colin Slater. I don't agree with it, btw.

I thought Tahvon Campbell put in a hell of a shift against us at Forest Green, and he's there on loan from West Brom. Seems young and hungry. Had the energy of Alan judge, but starts with more skill IMO.

Why were things not working for him at Notts before?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    You missed 'Colin' off my quote. It was something Shaun Derry used to say to Colin Slater. I don't agree with it, btw.
    He missed Colin, derrrrrrr, must be the strain.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post

When you consider that Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith and I think even Mike Edwards are in that squad but rarely (only Smith a few times) actually contribute anything to the playing side of the team the average age doesn't concern me. Shola's age hasn't stopped him being effective at what he does and you'd have to say the same for Stead really

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    When you consider that Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith and I think even Mike Edwards are in that squad but rarely (only Smith a few times) actually contribute anything to the playing side of the team the average age doesn't concern me. Shola's age hasn't stopped him being effective at what he does and you'd have to say the same for Stead really
    Not too bothered about Smith having another season, costs us little in wages, possible future coach, only ever brought on in a cameo role to hold a desired scoreline in the last 5 minutes or so......my main issue is that we cannot start another season with Shola and Stead as our main strikeforce....I know he is a crowd favourite, but Shola is pretty much finished unless it is as a 2nd half substitute for 20 minutes or so, IMO......Stead might have 1 more season in him, if partnered with Forte or another pacy younger forward

ps Forte is also 32 this summer and has had a series of niggling injuries....I know decent young pacy strikers don't grow on trees, but we seriously need to find a couple quickly, before they get gobbled up by the bigger clubs.

I’d say Shola and Stead have been remarkably ineffective this season, and the stats tend to back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’d say Shola and Stead have been remarkably ineffective this season, and the stats tend to back that up.
    Including the stat that shows us 5th in the table?

The stats also show that we tend to get more points when Shola plays too so either way you're not making a valid point unless you only consider strikers to be "effective" if they score 20 goals a season

Aren't PSG looking to offload Neymar? Maybe worth a look. Sort it out Notts FFS.

Including the stat that shows us 5th in the table?

The stats also show that we tend to get more points when Shola plays too so either way you're not making a valid point unless you only consider strikers to be "effective" if they score 20 goals a season
    Interesting to see those stats broken down into 1st half of the season v 2nd half......I would argue that we were "sussed out" by all the other teams, around xmas time and the Shola-Stead combo started to look decidedly dodgy as we looked like nose-diving towards 10th or 11th place......the re-introduction of Forte saved our bacon IMO.

Just my opinion, though I grant you that over the whole season they have done a sterling job.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast