+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Next Season

If we get Kirk and Ainley signed up next season is starting to look quite promising.

I’d say all we really need is a right back and another option up front and we’ve got the makings of a good playoff side. A few more additions could turn that squad into one that could challenge to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    If we get Kirk and Ainley signed up next season is starting to look quite promising.

I’d say all we really need is a right back and another option up front and we’ve got the makings of a good playoff side. A few more additions could turn that squad into one that could challenge to go up.
    I'd say 2 full backs - looks like Zooms is going and, good as he can be there, I'd rather see Pixie played further forward next season to get the best from him. (He says the same I notice.)

With Pixie playing further forward the loss of Ainley or Kirk won’t be as crucial either. As usual with the Alex an embarrassment of riches in midfield! Add in Owen Dale for later in the season and we’ve got that covered. A couple of full backs and a replacement for Daggers and I’d be happy we have a decent side that will be good to watch as well.

If, as Big Dave is hinting, both Kirk and Ainley sign, we will be overloaded in midfield.

Jones, Kirk, Ainley, Wintle, Pickering, Walker, Lowery and Green (if signed) all vying for maximum 4 shirts.

Well, we’ve always got Perry to cover in the event of injuries!!!

The need for Green is receding by the hour, which should strengthen DA’s hand during contract negotiations with him.

Green will be good for us age experience a calming influence on the younger ones 12 month deal sounds good plus 2 full backs and I don’t think we will be far away top 6 for next season ?

Presuming that Daggers is off I’d say another striker is important , we need some pace in that front line and a bit more competition.

Two full backs one striker and I think we may have something to look forward to next year

Do I detect a modicum of optimism for next season???? Great! I'm already looking forward to it. Hope Saturday doesn't dampen the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Do I detect a modicum of optimism for next season???? Great! I'm already looking forward to it. Hope Saturday doesn't dampen the mood!
    The most optimistic I've been about a Crewe side for a few years! Especially with Ainley signing up too.

Credit needs to be given to Dave Artell for convincing these lads their place is at Crewe (at least for the time being) and doing it quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast