+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma

Roma

With their recent history, what's it going to take to get them a European ban?

Had it been Liverpool fans or any other British team, ambushing Roma fans, leaving one in a coma, there would be talk of a ban and bearing in mind that this is not the first incident with Roma fans by any means.

Yep them nasty continentals are out to get the Brits first chance they get. Those Liverpool fans wouldn't harm a living thing, would they? Or would they?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Yep them nasty continentals are out to get the Brits first chance they get. Those Liverpool fans wouldn't harm a living thing, would they? Or would they?
    Regardless of your anti Britsh sniping which is nothing new, this behaviour would be met with a huge punishment if it were a British club but nothing happens to foreign clubs, multiple stabbing and deaths in e.g Turkey, what was done - nothing

nothing happens to foreign clubs, multiple stabbing and deaths in e.g Turkey, what was done - nothing.

I think you need to check your facts. You might think the punishment has been insufficient but it is ignorant to say it was 'nothing'.

nothing happens to foreign clubs, multiple stabbing and deaths in e.g Turkey, what was done - nothing.

I think you need to check your facts. You might think the punishment has been insufficient but it is ignorant to say it was 'nothing'.
    Inform me then, perhaps they had to play a game behind closed doors, hardly a fitting punishment when lives were lost.

The clamour for a ban would be cacaphonous were it a British club.

I despise any form of football violence but I have to agree with sidders here. It was only a couple of weeks back Liverpool supporters were throwing missiles at the Man City coach. I’m pretty sure they didn’t know or care when they were thrown that they wouldn’t cause serious injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    I despise any form of football violence but I have to agree with sidders here. It was only a couple of weeks back Liverpool supporters were throwing missiles at the Man City coach. I’m pretty sure they didn’t know or care when they were thrown that they wouldn’t cause serious injury.
    I think what the poster is getting at, English clubs were banned from European football for a number of years but nothing substantial happens to other countries. FIFA and EUFA keep harping on about racism but do nothing much to countries/clubs from Russia, Spain and many from the eastern bloc who continually abuse black players.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I think what the poster is getting at, English clubs were banned from European football for a number of years but nothing substantial happens to other countries. FIFA and EUFA keep harping on about racism but do nothing much to countries/clubs from Russia, Spain and many from the eastern bloc who continually abuse black players.
    Spot on.....

not just racism but extreme violence.

Funny, some posters bleat about others who don't directly answer Q's in other threads or go off at a tangent then they go and do the same thing, just spouting nonsensensical dismissives based on personal agendas.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 03-05-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Spot on.....

not just racism but extreme violence.

Funny, some posters bleat about others who don't directly answer Q's in other threads or go off at a tangent then they go and do the same thing, just spouting nonsensensical dismissives based on personal agendas.

More reason to vote Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    English clubs were banned from European football for a number of years
    That was the F.A's fault for making a knee-jerk reaction, withdrawing all English clubs from European competitions for 12 months, implying an admission of guilt before the results of the Heysel enquiry were published. The authorities were largely to blame for messing up the ticketing allocation and the state of the ground was an absolute disgrace, definitely not fit for staging a European final, it was falling to bits. Blaming Liverpool fans conveniently got UEFA off the hook. Juve fans were far more to blame for what happened, if you watch the raw footage the Italian fans carried on rioting after the collapse of the wall, they were fighting the police on the pitch.
    Liverpool had no previous for trouble in Europe or at home, in fact they had a reputation for being among the better behaved supporters up to that time. They retaliated, which they shouldn't have done, but Juve caused the trouble that night, no question about it.

Italian fans were rioting at least as far back as 1970 - Napoli fans smashing up their own ground and setting it on fire, three or four years before things got serious in England. The trouble at Euro 80 (Tear gas incident) was also the fault of the Italians. England fans were bad, but Italians were worse.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast