+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stability

I would be wary of what you read in The Sun ( the rag which ran the story ).

I think if he fails to get United promoted via the play offs he will be gone.

It can be brutal being a manager, but his remit was to gain promotion, so he will be aware of the expectations and consequences.

The appointment has been a disaster and if/when we fail to get promoted he should be immediately sacked.

The thought of allowing him to overhaul the squad based on the standard of signings he’s made so far is frightening. I won’t be fooled into placing the blame for recruitment at Taylor’s door. His job was to identify players and make recommendations, nothing more. A number of the players signed came in on trial first (Mason, Lyng & the 2 French lads definitely did) and the final say was always with Laszlo.

Recruitment aside, after 6 months he still doesn’t know his best 11. Style of play is horrific, constantly picks underperforming players, plays others out of position (Paul Quinn in centre mid, Murdoch at left back, Fraser on the wing etc) and plays Lyng who is genuinely one of the worst footballers I’ve seen in a United jersey (takes some doing after the last 3 years) at every opportunity.

If we stay in the Championship and he’s kept on for the first time in 24 seasons, my season ticket money will be staying in my pocket.

On the back of his performances at Hearts I thought we had finally signed a decent manager. How wrong I was. Looks like Romanov made a better job of picking the Hearts team than Csaba.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    I would be wary of what you read in The Sun ( the rag which ran the story ).

I think if he fails to get United promoted via the play offs he will be gone.

It can be brutal being a manager, but his remit was to gain promotion, so he will be aware of the expectations and consequences.
    I agree. If he fails to get us up this season he's gone. Must be.

I'm all for stability - but significant improvement is a key performance indicator and he hasn't got near that.

Reported in Tully that Werner Burger is joining Csaba and he is staying regardless of play offs outcome.

I thought we were getting new owners?!? As well as Csaba not yet showing he could do a decent job!! Surely board wouldn’t commit to an extra wage before owners were able to decide what manger they wanted?!??

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Reported in Tully that Werner Burger is joining Csaba and he is staying regardless of play offs outcome.

I thought we were getting new owners?!? As well as Csaba not yet showing he could do a decent job!! Surely board wouldn’t commit to an extra wage before owners were able to decide what manger they wanted?!??
    I can see where all this stuff about sacking Laszlo is coming from, I really do. Some results this season have been absolute shockers.

BUT, the time has possibly come regardless to intimate to that effing changing room of ours that no more are they going to dictate who sits in the dug out. From Sackie to Mixu to Ray to Laszlo, we have seen too often the 'downing of tools' and the rumours of 'he's lost the dressing room'. Now is possibly the time to let them know who really is in charge and if they are not prepared to play for the incumbent, then it's going to be the player NOT the manager who is getting punted.

Laszlo is no magician. Please don't think I am trying to defend him, but expecting him to groom our current bunch of players into Premiership material is quite frankly ludicrous. We all know that there are precious few (an exaggeration) of the current crop of players whom we want to see wearing tangerine next season. Basically they are not up to it. They average out at mediocre at best. Some, like the Norwegian blue parrot, once had a footballing life, but no matter how hard Laszlo tries to resuscitate them, they are no more. They are defunct. They are deceased as far as football goes (at even our current level).

Let's stop kidding ourselves. Our current team are not pining for the fjords. They are pining for the season's end. I hope I am way, way, wrong, but I think the Pars will bring our lacklustre campaign to an end on Friday.

He has to go. Nothing else will do. I'm a season ticket holder but haven't been for two months and I won't be back until he's gone. Absolutely clueless excuse of a manager.

Took Uganda from 181 to 91st in the world in a year. Nicknamed the "miracle man" in the African press.

Took MTK Budapest to Europe and had them top of the league for spells despite having the one of the smallest budgets and youngest squads in the league.

At Dunajská Streda he went in with them bottom of the table and took them to a national record of 16 games unbeaten. Narrowly missing out on Europe.

He is not tactically inept, he is not a clown.

Maybe, just maybe it's us and not him.

With his longtime assistant and players of his choosing, perhaps we will get to see the real Laszlo.

Sacking him would be premature until he gets a fair crack of the whip.

Patience will be rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Took Uganda from 181 to 91st in the world in a year. Nicknamed the "miracle man" in the African press.

Took MTK Budapest to Europe and had them top of the league for spells despite having the one of the smallest budgets and youngest squads in the league.

At Dunajská Streda he went in with them bottom of the table and took them to a national record of 16 games unbeaten. Narrowly missing out on Europe.

He is not tactically inept, he is not a clown.

Maybe, just maybe it's us and not him.

With his longtime assistant and players of his choosing, perhaps we will get to see the real Laszlo.

Sacking him would be premature until he gets a fair crack of the whip.

Patience will be rewarded.
    ^^^This^^^

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)