+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stability

Stability

Seen the press reports today that Laszlo will remain in charge regardless of outcome of playoffs and is set to bring in his longtime assistant.

Stability is what we need and he deserves his chance to build a team and have his guys around him to do it.

He’s not shown so far that he’s capable of doing that though!

i agree with you to a point! i think we like most teams nowadays are too quick to punt managers.

A part of me reckons we should give CL the chance to build his team and allow him to get more of his players in rather than having someone bringing in the players for him (which taylor was rumored to be doing). we complain about stability so why not give a guy the chance to prove hes the right man to get us up! (if we dont go up via playoffs that is)

but........

since xmas some of the performances have been nothing sort of shocking! soo poor! he managed to wrestle back some sort of pride with the wee run at end of season but that shouldnt allow for the fact that some of his decisions have been baffling! some of his tactics look like they confuse the players. some of the substitutions he does make no sense.

If he gets us up in play offs he deserves to be kept on but otherwise not for me.

Stability - that is exactly what we don’t have under Csaba. Can’t understand his team selections one week to the next

Last night. Fraser played as a winger. McD as no 10. Stanton on bench. He brings on Lyng FFS!!

Ultimately if he gets us up I’m absolutely delighted but since he took over it’s been mostly horrific. Thank god he has found some form now and let’s hope they can all do it

would have to agree with you. i know i said all the stuff in previous post about part of me wanting to see him given more time regardless but personally unless he gets us up i would like to see the back of CL. just too much random nonsense with some stupid decisions been made since xmas. cant exactly trust him to build a team imo.

would prefer to give neilson, mcintyre or McCall the job

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    would have to agree with you. i know i said all the stuff in previous post about part of me wanting to see him given more time regardless but personally unless he gets us up i would like to see the back of CL. just too much random nonsense with some stupid decisions been made since xmas. cant exactly trust him to build a team imo.

would prefer to give neilson, mcintyre or McCall the job
    Watching the game last night and how unbelievably Brutal we are to watch, he has to go imo. What on earth was he doing pacing up and down waving his hands around all game? How can you focus on the job at hand when you are behaving like an escapee from Carstairs? His substitutions were bizzare at best, and how he didn't hook Billy King (sorry to single out because his confidence looked shot to pieces) I don't know.
    Clown!

Stability will come when we have a manager that can deliver it, we don't

He was brought in to push us on to promotion (ideally as champions). We were in a healthy placing when he took charge but were guilty of being soft, slow and one dimensional in our play. Have we improved? No in my opinion.
    His record shows we have lost a third of our league games (8 out of 24). If this isn't bad enough then the manner of them should be; 6-1 Falkirk, 3-0 Morton, QOTS, 3-2 Dumbarton having just beaten them 2-0 a few days earlier.
    Players have to take blame also and a lot quite rightly will be punted, but it is not part of the managers job to motivate them? Have them play as a unit? Show tactical awareness to change things if they aren't working? He's failed in all of these in my opinion.
    His hands have been tied regarding bringing in the personnel he wishes. Do good managers not make the best of what they have? To setup a team able to compete in this league is not overly strategic, they all play the same way.
    The language barrier is frustrating for me. How can we be assured things will develop and improve when they guy waffles on about the weather, Fyvie Fraser, price of cheese? I feel disheartened every time I hear him.
    If we're thinking of a long term strategy and stability why would we entrust this to a man who has never been in a managerial position for more than two years? There must be a reason why he's never stuck at a job for very long.
    Not for me and I pray the media reports are a fabrication.

We have no consistency under CL. I know its difficult with 30 odd players to settle on who plays but his selections are so unpredictable.
    However if we are promoted I am happy to give him time to sort things out.

Give someone else, someone decent, a clear run at the job with a summer window. We don't want to end up binning Czaba mid season and ending up in a similar mess all over again. He's made too many unnaceptable decisons and had too many minter results to be perceived as a credible prospect to bear the responsibility of bringing a club of our heratige back to where it belongs. His strategic failure to capatilise of 40 mins of play against 10 men during a crucial play of tie last night is simply not good enough. Fair play he has inherited a team in which most members have questionable levels of ability, attitude and committment, but he has not made the best with what he has been given by any means. 6-1 Falkirk, 0-3 Morton, 2-3 Qos, 0-3 Qos, 3-2 Dumbarton. Is he really the best choice for us, out of everybody obtainable? And listening to his waffle pish arabzone, do you really think he can command and inspire the dressing room? No disrespect to the man, but he's not meeting the mark. I suffered at East end park ilast night. Under decent leadership we could have done better but he's so casual in his negative post match interviews. Does he realise how much is at stake?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)