+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tony Mowbray re Promotion from League One.

Tony Mowbray re Promotion from League One.

Has stated it doesn't rank high on his list of football achievements. Makes clear his (perhaps long term) aim is to return Rovers to the Premier league.

Is he talking to the stay always do you think, not turned on by a league one success?

Must admit, I noted his underwhelmed response to promotion at Doncaster.

Even though I have enjoyed thaw games I have gone to and the fact we have been up the right end of the table
    I do agree with Tony Mowbray it isn't a achievement in terms of league to get excited about however we should celebrate how a team falling apart became a team with hope for the future.

I’m more thinking that he is acknowledging his tenure where we dropped, and thus all he has achieved is putting us back to where we where when he arrived. 😐
    Please don’t take that as outright criticism , it’s far from it. He and the playing squad openly acknowledged their ‘collective failure’ and disappointment at not keeping us up last year, so this is just ‘pay back’.
    It’s been a nice change after all the bull manure we have had to endure prior to.

The whole communication side has been massively improved
    We Are informed on all goings on around ewood and again Tony Mowbray should be thanked wholeheartedly
    It was his influence that brought Steve waggot to the club
    I am feeling this club has turned a corner and are looking to rise back up
    Now don't get me wrong we shouldn't start saying venkys have changed and should be trusted however they are listening to the correct people and while they are doing this things will only improve.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The whole communication side has been massively improved
    We Are informed on all goings on around ewood and again Tony Mowbray should be thanked wholeheartedly
    It was his influence that brought Steve waggot to the club
    I am feeling this club has turned a corner and are looking to rise back up
    Now don't get me wrong we shouldn't start saying venkys have changed and should be trusted however they are listening to the correct people and while they are doing this things will only improve.
    All it is, is a very small step in the right direction. It's the 3rd division title. Nothing more, nothing less.
    We should not be celebrating crapness. That's for little clubs like Wigan. Who IMO ....will come straight back down. They don't have have the correct mindset to go up, and push on. Hence they are getting all excited about the 3rd division title. It's simply about promotion. Now it's done & dusted, we should be looking at how we can improve. As this side needs improving to push on next season. This isn't a time to get complacent. TM is looking ahead to a huge task next season. That's the correct mindset. We should not be settling for mid table in the Champ. We need to push on. And we will. As we have the correct manger to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    All it is, is a very small step in the right direction. It's the 3rd division title. Nothing more, nothing less.
    We should not be celebrating crapness. That's for little clubs like Wigan. Who IMO ....will come straight back down. They don't have have the correct mindset to go up, and push on. Hence they are getting all excited about the 3rd division title. It's simply about promotion. Now it's done & dusted, we should be looking at how we can improve. As this side needs improving to push on next season. This isn't a time to get complacent. TM is looking ahead to a huge task next season. That's the correct mindset. We should not be settling for mid table in the Champ. We need to push on. And we will. As we have the correct manger to do so.
    To be honest, Champs, I would settle for mid-table next season. That's not to say, the club should aim for safe mediocrity. It's just that I can see it being very, very competitive. An awful lot of money is going to be flying around, and I can see all the clubs from fourth to about 17th from this season being quite strong, not to mention the three relegated PL teams.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's one of those leagues where three or four teams get marooned at the bottom by Christmas, with all the others capable of beating each other.
    It will be interesting to see the bookies' odds in August.

I think we should try and win the next match, whoever it is and not set targets. Target setting is the realm of corporate tossers and politicians and look where that gets us.

Although I wouldn’t in the least disagree Test, unfortunately that is / will be the name of the game when he meets with our owners.

Asking for back to back promotions is a BIG ask but we should be able to dream and if Tony completes the impossible and comes back with a war chest who knows
    Enjoy promotion today dare to dream tomorrow.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)