+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Vs Oxford.

Crowd Vs Oxford.

From what I'm reading, we could be set for a 25,000 attendance.

I think that shows the potential of Rovers as east lancs No 1 club in waiting.

It will be a great crowd saxo
    With the Blackburn end upper opened means at least 23k has been hit so 25k is not unrealistic.

I fully expect a large % of these returning fans to stick around next season. We will get back to getting around 15/17k home fans.
    Such is the fickle nature of the modern football fan. Remember the other week Sax, I said to you 'it was never about the owners, it was purely down to results. Fickle fans who where happy to see a winning side, didn't have the stomach to see their side losing games.

Of the 25k inside Ewood tomorrow, I can put my life on a HUGE amount of them where the same ones saying 'I'll never set foot in Ewood while Venkys are in charge'. Utter *******s. Success returns, so will the fans. Simple as that. It's the way football has ALWAYS been.

Next season loads will be back on a regular basis. The **** talking owners are no longer. Things changed at Blackburn Rovers Football Club the day Mowbray walked in. And started to build a solid foundation within the club. Both on & off the pitch. Venkys have finally found someone to trust. And all they do now is write cheques and leave the running to football people. Anyone going this season sussed this out 18minths ago. It appears the news has spread around now.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I fully expect a large % of these returning fans to stick around next season. We will get back to getting around 15/17k home fans.
    Such is the fickle nature of the modern football fan. Remember the other week Sax, I said to you 'it was never about the owners, it was purely down to results. Fickle fans who where happy to see a winning side, didn't have the stomach to see their side losing games.

Of the 25k inside Ewood tomorrow, I can put my life on a HUGE amount of them where the same ones saying 'I'll never set foot in Ewood while Venkys are in charge'. Utter *******s. Success returns, so will the fans. Simple as that. It's the way football has ALWAYS been.

Next season loads will be back on a regular basis. The **** talking owners are no longer. Things changed at Blackburn Rovers Football Club the day Mowbray walked in. And started to build a solid foundation within the club. Both on & off the pitch. Venkys have finally found someone to trust. And all they do now is write cheques and leave the running to football people. Anyone going this season sussed this out 18minths ago. It appears the news has spread around now.
    Totally agree, Champs. My biggest worry for next season, though, is unrealistic expectations. We won't be going on runs of 32 matches, unbeaten! A lot of fans have been on Mowbray's back, even this season! What are they going to be like next year, when "win one, draw one, lose one" is quite a likely sequence?
    How long will the 15,000 crowds last?
    Sorry - that's probably too gloomy, but I have to say I have been shocked at how many people have treated our record this season as WORSE than we should have expected. There still seem to be thousands of fans who expect football matches to follow a script...like Brighton beating Man. Utd.

Speaking of next season Aucks and realistic or even unrealistic expectations, do any Blackburn fans care who goes down and stays up in the Champship ?. I bet you'd all like to see Birmingham drop this time eh, but I think its obviously coming down to us/Barnsley, & Bolton, & Burton. And do you care who wins the Lg One play offs, Rotherham or Scunny maybe ?.

Acido - definitely Birmingham! I'd quite like to see you, Burton and Bolton ALL survive, but that is impossible now, so I'll settle for Birmingham joining BW and Sunderland!
    In the play-offs, I'd actually like Shrewsbury to come through. I think the Championship would be a struggle for them, but they deserve something for a season where they have sustained a challenge long beyond every prediction.
    Good luck at Derby!

I dont like Sunday footy to be honest so Im struggling to know what to do tomorrow, knowing we've got to wait till Sunday afternoon lol. I think we might just need a slice of luck at Derby though Aucks, and it might be classed as lucky if the other results also go our way.

Shrewsbury is a good shout but they surely will struggle in this league. Despite having a great turnaround this season, I think Plymouth have now missed the play offs, but as a northerner I cant say that Im disappointed that they and Portsmouth have blown it and thats why I wouldnt mind seeing Charlton do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I dont like Sunday footy to be honest so Im struggling to know what to do tomorrow, knowing we've got to wait till Sunday afternoon lol. I think we might just need a slice of luck at Derby though Aucks, and it might be classed as lucky if the other results also go our way.

Shrewsbury is a good shout but they surely will struggle in this league. Despite having a great turnaround this season, I think Plymouth have now missed the play offs, but as a northerner I cant say that Im disappointed that they and Portsmouth have blown it and thats why I wouldnt mind seeing Charlton do the same.
    Making you wait till Sunday IS cruel. The more you look at the final fixtures, the harder it becomes to make a prediction. If it's anything like last season, it will probably keep changing even during the course of the games!
    Only Bolton have a fixture that looks comfortable, but too much would have to go their way in all the other games, surely.
    It's as if the league-computer has set the matches up for tension, as the clubs playing you, Reading, Birmingham and Burton have ALL got plenty to play for!
    As for your Saturday afternoon, I should have thought it was obvious: head for Ewood!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    As for your Saturday afternoon, I should have thought it was obvious: head for Ewood!
    If Blackburn played just down the road from me here in Cas (where Champs lives lol), then yes Id pop along to see them on the occasional free Satdy.

We had this horrible situation at Huddersfield on the last day of 2012-13, them and us and Peterbrough were all involved in the final day scrap to stay up. We both decided to settle on the 2-2 with quite a few minutes left, because we knew Posh were losing 3-2 at C.Palace.
    I cant describe the stress and eventual elation and relief we all felt that day when we finally knew we'd done it, and what makes it hard is I know we're going to have to go through it again this Sunday. Im guessing its going to go one way and the other, like a good old fashioned game of swingball at christmas.

Acido - that was even more cruel than our relegation last season. You were safe with three minutes to go of the Bolton game, and then...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)