+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luton Town - does this game even matter?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I like he's getting emotional about it, hopefully he'll galvanise the team cause I'm worried ha ha.
    You'd have thought he'd have learnt better after Keegan. Hope he can keep a level head through the next few weeks, let's save the tears for when we've won something.

He as already said he will be resting players so look out for a good kicking from Luton wanting to finish on a high.

If we could manage a 3 nil home win in the first leg, I'd bank on us to defend that in the away leg. Conversely, should we get tonked in a first away leg, I don't think we have enough to overturn say a 2 goal deficit against a team that sets up not to concede?

No, I don't think tomorrow's match matters. And I'd like to see our first play-off game be at home to Exeter.

I don’t see where the fear of being tonked in the 1st leg is coming from. Whether we are at home or away the 1st leg will be cagey. Neither team will want to be out of the tie after the first leg. And how many times have Notts been ‘tonked’ this season? Not many. All the teams in the play offs have been tonked at times throughout the season, so it’s hardly a fear of mine. Coventry and Exeter have both been tonked in the last few weeks too.
    As for resting players. The argument for and against is in the balance. Do we risk injury or suspensions? Does KN send out ‘the 2nd string’ with a prove to me you deserve to play next week team talk.
    As I stated earlier I would be happy with a handful of changes, the changes I suggested would not make us weaker IMO and would involve players with points to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I don’t see where the fear of being tonked in the 1st leg is coming from. Whether we are at home or away the 1st leg will be cagey. Neither team will want to be out of the tie after the first leg. And how many times have Notts been ‘tonked’ this season? Not many. All the teams in the play offs have been tonked at times throughout the season, so it’s hardly a fear of mine. Coventry and Exeter have both been tonked in the last few weeks too.
    As for resting players. The argument for and against is in the balance. Do we risk injury or suspensions? Does KN send out ‘the 2nd string’ with a prove to me you deserve to play next week team talk.
    As I stated earlier I would be happy with a handful of changes, the changes I suggested would not make us weaker IMO and would involve players with points to prove.
    It's not a fear but you cannot surely deny that it's a possibilty a la Coventry and at the back of many fans minds?

Anyway, I was just laying out the scenarios from which I think, we would win or lose.

Alan has supplied some nice Champagne to help them celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Alan has supplied some nice Champagne to help them celebrate.
    The whole thing is a lottery you are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't.

The way I see it we now have a 25% chance of promotion.

Earlier in the season our chances were much much higher than that but we blew it with some spectacularly poor results against some of the poorest sides in the division in what is a poor division. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The whole thing is a lottery you are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't.

The way I see it we now have a 25% chance of promotion.

Earlier in the season our chances were much much higher than that but we blew it with some spectacularly poor results against some of the poorest sides in the division in what is a poor division. Onwards and upwards.
    I’ve mentioned this in another thread, we only play two teams if we get to the final so a 33.333r chance. There, looks better already!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’m inclined to agree with the fact we have not been comprehensively beaten yet this season by anyone. We’ve built ourselves up as a team that is difficult to beat. Our heaviest defeat of the season (so far) came on the first day away at Coventry in which we conceded 3 goals without reply. Of the 11 league games we have lost 7 have been by one goal and 3 games by two goals which two were away local derbies against Mansfield and Chesterfield. There were six defeats away from home in which we failed to score. Whenever we have lost away it’s becuase we’ve not scored or have only scored one goal.

The results of the 11 defeats this season are;

Away
    Grimsby 2-1 Notts Co (1 goal in it)
    Accrington 1-0 Notts Co (1 goal in it)
    Chesterfield 3-1 Notts Co (2 goals in it)
    Cambridge 1-0 Notts Co (1 goal in it)
    Barnet 1-0 Notts Co (1 goal in it)
    Swindon 1-0 Notts Co (1 goal in it)
    Crewe 2-0 Notts Co (2 goals in it)
    Mansfield 3-1 Notts Co (2 goals in it)
    Coventry 3-0 Notts Co (3 goals in it)

Home;
    Notts Co 1-2 Crawley (1 goal in it)
    Notts Co 1-2 Exeter (1 goal in it)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast