+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wilder not going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Exactly Bully.....but still using the fans against the owners....not good but only my view and not the way I'd operate if i was manager.

I really like Chris (and the excellent football, when we have won) but I'm not sold on the thought that he is the best manager ever....that would be Dave Bassett followed by John Harris, followed by our Neil...IMO.
    'Using the fans against the owners'.

The boot's been in the other foot for far too long.

The support from the fans has been magnificent over the years ( me excepted of course( put that in to save Rod the trouble)) and maybe CW is bright enough to read the situation, the zeitgiest and use it to his advantage.

It's not as though he's saying anything we don't all want- to get it sorted a.s.a.p,.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    'Using the fans against the owners'.

The boot's been in the other foot for far too long.

The support from the fans has been magnificent over the years ( me excepted of course( put that in to save Rod the trouble)) and maybe CW is bright enough to read the situation, the zeitgiest and use it to his advantage.

It's not as though he's saying anything we don't all want- to get it sorted a.s.a.p,.
    It'll all end in tears TT. Rather CW had not told the world that he was available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    It'll all end in tears TT. Rather CW had not told the world that he was available.
    Well, they know he's in demand and, if they don't know he's the best thing to happen at BDBL for years, and do something about it sharpish, they'll be the ones in tears Chips.

He may be another 'no bigger Blade' candidate but he's got a career to think of.

All he's doing is calling the other self appointed 'no bigger Blade ' to task and he, CW, is the one who has a longer future and more need to protect it than the other.

That makes little difference chips if he's their no1 they'll come regardless,that's when we'll see how much they want to keep him,an outright no speaks volumes,it doesn't always work (as the Southend chairman found out)but it's better than we can't stand in his way tho. The thing is if they offer him all the tools to do the job right and double or maybe treble his wages how many of us would say no thanks I'm a bladey blade or how many would go work in an environment that could get you where you want to be whilst securing your families financial future

If Wilder stays and the board puts in the necessary funds to improve the squad, there is no doubt that the Blades can gain promotion next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Why should CW keep quiet as he says he's no-ones boy. He was being interviewed by the local media about a subject where the silence as usual from the Board has been deafening. For too many years the Board's strategy when problems arise has been to keep quiet and hope the problem goes away.

We now have a manager who sees his role as the mouthpiece for the Club. When he is denied information and communication is cut off with the Board he is going to react. Would someone like Cloughie have put up with this? no he wouldn't. All great managers of the past were the heartbeat of the Club, influential in the direction the Club took and the Board were happy for them to do this.

CW is ambitious and wants this dispute resolved, he wants to help shape the future of the Club but can't do that if he's being ignored.

I am pleased that we have a Manager who will challenge the Board to match his ambitions and call them into question when they fail to do this. The fact he's a Blade and understands the DNA of the Club makes it even better.

Its a risk because KM doesn't like being told what to do but CW knows he's in the driving seat with other clubs sniffing around. KM would be foolish to ignore the man whose team were the sole reason we are no longer in Division 1.
    LST, he was the one who brought up this issue not the RS bloke. As I say he is using the fans for his own needs....his career is on the up and he wants more and more...IMO. Anyway, fans on here appear to blame Mr McCabe as one of the two who won't back the manager but it could be the other one or even both. CW knows but doesn't want to say and appears to be playing one against the other.

I don't like it one bit. Totally unnecessary at this time. Have the rucks in private Chris, please. Already the Wendy are having a laugh at our expense and I don't like that either. I'm an unhappy blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    We now have a manager who sees his role as the mouthpiece for the Club. When he is denied information and communication is cut off with the Board he is going to react.
    Whilst I understand this view, CW is the Team Manager, not the mouthpiece for the supporters. I agree with Chip that it is unprofessional of him to be voicing his personal opinion, seemingly to try and leverage a decision, while the two owners are working out their differences. Nobody likes this situation, but as frustrating as it seems, we just have to let Kev and HRH come to a conclusion. No 'arm-twisting' comments from CW, or page after page on a forum are going to change that.

As for CW, careers aren't always a straight line, and I think if we are being honest his response to the challenges since the Coutts injury haven't shown him to be a top manager, but one who needs to get smarter if he's to be that first choice at Championship level and above. If he goes to Sunderland, I'd wish him well, but make no bones, he'd be going not because the board issues and transfer funds and anything else. He'd be going for the benefit of CW, and his bank balance. Good luck to him. I'd do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Whilst I understand this view, CW is the Team Manager, not the mouthpiece for the supporters. I agree with Chip that it is unprofessional of him to be voicing his personal opinion, seemingly to try and leverage a decision, while the two owners are working out their differences. Nobody likes this situation, but as frustrating as it seems, we just have to let Kev and HRH come to a conclusion. No 'arm-twisting' comments from CW, or page after page on a forum are going to change that.

As for CW, careers aren't always a straight line, and I think if we are being honest his response to the challenges since the Coutts injury haven't shown him to be a top manager, but one who needs to get smarter if he's to be that first choice at Championship level and above. If he goes to Sunderland, I'd wish him well, but make no bones, he'd be going not because the board issues and transfer funds and anything else. He'd be going for the benefit of CW, and his bank balance. Good luck to him. I'd do the same.
    There are plusses and minusses to CW and this is probably one of the minusses - although it doesn't hurt to get it out there and he will feel better for doing it.

The thing about it him is that so far everytime he has come up against a problem - he has managed to adapt to make things work - I strong believe if he stays, we will progress next season.....and I think/hope he will stay.

Before Wilder came this club was up crap creek without a paddle and not a sign of any driftwood.

I’m amazed that some fans seem upset because Wilder has told it as it is he thinks it is. For years we’ve bemoaned our dire managers who lied through their teeth to us, probably so as not to upset the hierarchy, and now we’ve got our best manager in years who says it as it is and suddenly he’s become part of the latest debacle.

As Chris would say I’m not ‘avin it. I personally back his stance and what he’s said so far 100%. It’s like a breath of fresh after the bull that we’ve been fed before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    The thing about it him is that so far everytime he has come up against a problem - he has managed to adapt to make things work - I strong believe if he stays, we will progress next season.....and I think/hope he will stay.
    Not totally convinced about the first bit. We suffered adversity through injuries, our form collapsed and 30 games later, hasn't recovered to the final day.

Agree totally with the second bit.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 06-05-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast