+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wilder not going anywhere

According to the shoreham view blog it's upset the prince,apparently come from someone close to him,he thinks chris has overstepped the mark and is siding with KK.I've no idea how true it is but I know how you all like a good rumour on here

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    According to the shoreham view blog it's upset the prince,apparently come from someone close to him,he thinks chris has overstepped the mark and is siding with KK.I've no idea how true it is but I know how you all like a good rumour on here
    He can upset whoever he wants for me Bully, he’s earned the right to. It’s him that’s got this club out of the mire despite the Prince, not because of him.

well if our co owners had made it public that their gonna back chris this summer none of this would have arisen imo as usual our boardroom trying to do things on the cheap yet again but im afraid it wont work in modern day football youve got to speculate to accumulate but in a sensible way not like the tunapig just throwing millions on it

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    He can upset whoever he wants for me Bully, he’s earned the right to. It’s him that’s got this club out of the mire despite the Prince, not because of him.
    Same here gray but it doesn't look good if the prince comes out victorious,the silence from both is not good we're in limbo when we should be making moves to improve the squad

The two directors CAN'T say anything if it is a legal matter for fear of prejudicing the outcome. There can't be any statement or joint announcements until its done.

Kev went as far as he could to the line in his little 'Briefing in the Hotel' a month or two back, by basically talking much and saying nowt.

Not asking for any detail FKB just something along the lines of they understand the situation and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible for all we know the respective parties might not even be talking to each other

CW is asking for what all the rest of us want, a speedy solution to the boardroom shenanigans.

In a normal profession his comments may well have seen him now on 'gardening leave' or severely censured but he's not in a normal profession, the employment disciplinary rules don't seem to apply and contracts are not worth the paper they are written on UNTIL something goes wrong or a better offer comes up.I wonder how much we are spending/have spent on compromise agreements where, effectively, you buy the employees silence with a large payoff.

Yes,he's a Blade and haven't we all paid for that in some way or another over the years. Difference is he now get's paid for that but the owners should not try to exploit that allegiance as they conduct their pas de deux in silence.

Maybe his being a Blade caused his out burts, he cares, he wants to get on with the magnificent job he has done so far, but, as we all admire, he's no mug and he tells it straight.

Why castigate him now for telling it straight when we've all been lauding him for doing just that for the last couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    CW is asking for what all the rest of us want, a speedy solution to the boardroom shenanigans.

In a normal profession his comments may well have seen him now on 'gardening leave' or severely censured but he's not in a normal profession, the employment disciplinary rules don't seem to apply and contracts are not worth the paper they are written on UNTIL something goes wrong or a better offer comes up.I wonder how much we are spending/have spent on compromise agreements where, effectively, you buy the employees silence with a large payoff.

Yes,he's a Blade and haven't we all paid for that in some way or another over the years. Difference is he now get's paid for that but the owners should not try to exploit that allegiance as they conduct their pas de deux in silence.

Maybe his being a Blade caused his out burts, he cares, he wants to get on with the magnificent job he has done so far, but, as we all admire, he's no mug and he tells it straight.

Why castigate him now for telling it straight when we've all been lauding him for doing just that for the last couple of years?
    This ^^^^

I remember seeing a video of Wilder having a right go at the Northampton owner and board, and I think just about every Blade who saw it thought that it was fantastic that he spoke his mind and didn’t doff his cap. Why is it any different now? If our lot don’t get their act together PDQ they’re going to put this club’s status at risk next season with or without Wilder. He is absolutely SPOT ON to speak out, whether anybody’s upstairs is listening or gives a toss is open to debate.

In fact here’s the vid lest we forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Its in the View from the John Street article and totally contradicts what CW said in his last interview, wouldn't read too much into whats written by that individual who continually gets it wrong.
    What him or me

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast