+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gerrard to be named as manager

gerrard to be named as manager

......o the buns!

I try and avoid using biased new organisations such as the BBC but in this instance I'll put ma principles tae wan side......ken?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43942680

graham roberts on the radio saying he'll need at least 70-80 million to compete wi the yahoos

Being new to management any ex-player would need a lot of luck in their first job. When their first job is with Rangers I am not sure there is enough luck in the world. I wish him well.

for a man tae take this position as his first management role......then WOW.......does he realise what he's taken on?

- no management experience
    - limited knowledge of the scottish game
    - as per the top thread, where is the money coming from for him to buy players

putting my unbiased head on here.......I think he'll come to regret this move

Think John Barnes. It could end his managerial career before it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by ed_Scottishfitba1 View Post
    Being new to management any ex-player would need a lot of luck in their first job. When their first job is with Rangers I am not sure there is enough luck in the world. I wish him well.
    What a load of pish

Quote Originally Posted by ed_Scottishfitba1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Zeppelin View Post
    for a man tae take this position as his first management role......then WOW.......does he realise what he's taken on?

- no management experience
    - limited knowledge of the scottish game
    - as per the top thread, where is the money coming from for him to buy players

putting my unbiased head on here.......I think he'll come to regret this move
    I’m sure stevie G will be really concerned about an opinion fae a loser team like aberdeen.

I bet you did not predict that Aberdeen would not win either of Scotland’s big two trophies for 28 years (and counting!)

have a look in your crystal ball

bet you couldn't predict your teams fall from grace.....playing in the lowest leagues of scottish fitba against the likes o peterheid & brechin

(no disrespect to peterheid or brechin)

all that history and tradition doon the tubes

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Zeppelin View Post
    have a look in your crystal ball

bet you couldn't predict your teams fall from grace.....playing in the lowest leagues of scottish fitba against the likes o peterheid & brechin

(no disrespect to peterheid or brechin)

all that history and tradition doon the tubes
    Actually we quite enjoyed the novelty of Brechin and Peterhead and we were welcomed with open arms. Also enjoyed the novelty of winning every league in the country and the challenge cup.

Now we are back at the top where we belong, and with a legend and winner in charge, we are going for 55

Looking like Aberdeen are just as worried as their big cousins about this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)