+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Local elections

Expert analysis now predicts that any government would have to be formed across, probably three parties, surely the best way for the country to regain the middle ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Expert analysis now predicts that any government would have to be formed across, probably three parties, surely the best way for the country to regain the middle ground?

We hear a lot from these so called experts who don’t have a clue. Agent Cob commie Corbyn should be no where near having any control over this country. As for Abbott, McDonnell and Thornberry...think about those 3 stooges having any control of anything lol.

I knew the Conservatives must have done okay when BBC Radio said the results were "mixed". That's about as far as they'll ever go in terms of a positive headline for a right of centre party!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I knew the Conservatives must have done okay when BBC Radio said the results were "mixed". That's about as far as they'll ever go in terms of a positive headline for a right of centre party!
    I think "mixed" results is a pretty fair summary. Labour, Tories, LibDems and Greens could all make reasonably positive noises about the results, and opponents of all those parties could easily point to negatives. UKIP are the big losers, as a party they are dead and buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think "mixed" results is a pretty fair summary. Labour, Tories, LibDems and Greens could all make reasonably positive noises about the results, and opponents of all those parties could easily point to negatives. UKIP are the big losers, as a party they are dead and buried.
    They arguably, achieved what they were set up to achieve?

UKIP aren’t dead, they’ve just staged a covert takeover of the Conservative Party.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    UKIP aren’t dead, they’ve just staged a covert takeover of the Conservative Party.
    UKIP were just the product of the hijacking of the Conservative Party by self-serving centrists and career politicians, who hijacked the Labour Party in the same way. For years people were walking around saying "It doesn't matter who I vote for, because I get the same thing", and they were pretty much correct.

The Labour Party is closer to having regained its soul than the Conservatives are at present, but the sooner the traditional parties of the Left and Right re-establish their true identities, the better for democracy. I've got no problem with the electorate having a centre ground option as well, but that job belongs to another party.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    UKIP were just the product of the hijacking of the Conservative Party by self-serving centrists and career politicians, who hijacked the Labour Party in the same way. For years people were walking around saying "It doesn't matter who I vote for, because I get the same thing", and they were pretty much correct.

The Labour Party is closer to having regained its soul than the Conservatives are at present, but the sooner the traditional parties of the Left and Right re-establish their true identities, the better for democracy. I've got no problem with the electorate having a centre ground option as well, but that job belongs to another party.
    Don't you think that a majority of people are sick of the extreme left / right and want to re-establsih the centre ground in politics?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    They arguably, achieved what they were set up to achieve?
    They certainly did. Farage backed Cameron into a corner and made him commit to a vote he thought he couldn't lose.

They certainly did. Farage backed Cameron into a corner and made him commit to a vote he thought he couldn't lose.
    UKIP created the opportunity that the working classes of the country had been long denied - job done

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast