+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Local elections

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    With all councils declared, Labour won 2,350 seats (55%) up 77, the Conservatives won 1,332 (32%) down 33, the Lib Dems won 536 (13%) up 75, the Greens won 39 (1%) up eight and UKIP won three (0.1%) down 123. [numbers surpass 100% due to rounding]

This is a clear victory for Labour.
    Contrary to all, expert analysis in the UK.

Some are now even questioning Corbyn's futire as leader as it becomes ever apparent, that under him, Labour will never win enough seats to form a government.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post

Some are now even questioning Corbyn's futire as leader as it becomes ever apparent, that under him, Labour will never win enough seats to form a government.
    Anyone who votes for a Marxist and terrorist loving man really needs to take a look in the mirror, and not the Daily Mirror.

Labour won the largest share of council seats since 1971. Tell me how this puts Jeremy Corbyn's future as leader in question?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What a load of crap. So you know more about Brexit negotiations than the rest of us because you negotiated a few business deals? Laughable. Your predictions on how it will turn out are based entirely on what you desperately want to happen. I hate to break it to you, but that doesn't mean it will happen.
    The same can be said about all the doom and gloom predicted by the remainers, guess work or wanting to be proved right.

Labour won the largest share of council seats since 1971. Tell me how this puts Jeremy Corbyn's future as leader in question?
    Because being up against one of the worst Tory governments in history and because usually the opposition usually win local elections easily it was a poor result for Labour. You can tart it up as much as you like and it might look good from Canada but every one here knows only one party was relieved and fairly happy and that wasn't Labour.

Hi Andy,
    Genuine question:
    What is it that attracts you about Corbyn’s politics or the man himself?

Because it's nowhere near enough to put Labour in power, his policies , particularly re Europe and probably immigration, are turning people off.

He 's perceived as weak and his pronouncement that he'd never push the 'red button', was met with disbelief, bang, literally, goes our nuclear deterrent should he ever get in, which he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Because being up against one of the worst Tory governments in history and because usually the opposition usually win local elections easily it was a poor result for Labour. You can tart it up as much as you like and it might look good from Canada but every one here knows only one party was relieved and fairly happy and that wasn't Labour.
    This

This
    Missed off the Abbott/Thornberry/ McDonnall sick fest. If this is Corbyns idea of a General's back up, then all is lost.
    He removed all voices of opposition and reason and inserted his own cronies to satisfy his every whim.
    Hypocritically, he'd spent his entire political career on the back benches, voting against the whip.
    Then screams for party unity when he is in charge.

From IRA sympathy's/ Spitfires for the RAF/ To 10 000 cops, costing 8k a year each.
    Stick a red rosette on a chimpanzee and too many Labour supporters would vote for it.
    As said, worst Tory government for decades, yet can't manage to beat this shower.

All is lost I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Missed off the Abbott/Thornberry/ McDonnall sick fest. If this is Corbyns idea of a General's back up, then all is lost.
    He removed all voices of opposition and reason and inserted his own cronies to satisfy his every whim.
    Hypocritically, he'd spent his entire political career on the back benches, voting against the whip.
    Then screams for party unity when he is in charge.

From IRA sympathy's/ Spitfires for the RAF/ To 10 000 cops, costing 8k a year each.
    Stick a red rosette on a chimpanzee and too many Labour supporters would vote for it.
    As said, worst Tory government for decades, yet can't manage to beat this shower.

All is lost I tell you.
    Totally agree

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast