+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Red Army Displays Cancelled

You wonder how every single club in the lower leagues manage the security risk that a cash turnstile brings

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You wonder how every single club in the lower leagues manage the security risk that a cash turnstile brings
    By the same principle that they’re deemed to be able to stand on old fashioned terracing, and unworthy of the safety that all-seated stands bring

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Not sure that should be aimed at me as we seem to agree?

My point in the original thread was that if the club insist on not having PATG, then they must make it as easy as possible to use other means. As it is 'on the day' folk have to wander round to the ticket office and queue to get tickets before wandering back to their turnstile and queuing to get in.

The blindingly obvious solution is to make a ticketing app, where folk could have payment details saved (as you already do for online ticketing) and it would literally be 30 seconds to click a few buttons and the ticket pops up on your phone to scan at the gate. Get the last minute punter's buy-in while they're still standing in the pub with a pint and it seems like a good idea, rather than forcing them to go out their road and stand in the rain just to get a ticket. You might even catch the folk who have a few beers on the Friday night and get up for it, before they change their minds in the morning.

Chip & PIN/contactless is another glaring omission.

Any sensible business would already have this in place AND accept cash to maximise ease of access to everyone who wants to attend.

Turnstile gadges are probably getting paid £7/hour and only really need to be open for about an hour, so one punter paying £22 cash has made them firmly profitable. I imagine the club's issue with it is security and insurance costs.
    I get what you're saying here and it makes a lot of sense. I'd guess it would cost a fair bit to install IT system that links a contactless card reader to take payment and allocate a specific seat, right back to the ticket office where someone else might be trying to buy same one. Also, the club seem unlikely to allow just anyone to turn up and buy at a turnstile as they keep a database of who's where in the ground to spank your erse if you act like a neep. I think what you're suggesting is something the club could explore, but I doubt they will be spending any serious cash on anything at Pittodrie when the white elephant at Westhill is on the agenda. A ticket app with your details and payment logged shouldn't be too difficult to pull together and as long as you have a barcode the current scanners should be able to read that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456