+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Red Army Displays Cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Dont forget that Milne and his mates also stopped pay at the gate....
    A decision some folk will tell you is ‘moving forward’
    Nobody said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Because every single person in the world has a smart phone remember
    Nobody said this either.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Nobody said that.

Nobody said this either.
    Sarcasm

But I think you will find the smart phone argument was had and the consensus with some was an attitude of "aye but most folk have a smart phone so there is no issue"

Nobody said that.

Nobody said this either.
    Yes, they really did.

They didn't - because it was me that (never) said it.

The point was that PATG was clearly the best option for all supporters. But if the club insisted that it can't happen (an increasingly common theme with the club...) then they must offer alternatives - the obvious one being smartphone payments/ticketing, for which highly effective solutions already exist and could probably be bought off the shelf.

They're not doing either, which is just plain stupid.

From AFC website Sevco Preview
    DISPLAY
    A reminder to supporters that there will be a display taking place in the Richard Donald Lower before kick off. We encourage all supporters to arrive early as the team arrive out from the tunnel area????????????

They didn't - because it was me that (never) said it.

The point was that PATG was clearly the best option for all supporters. But if the club insisted that it can't happen (an increasingly common theme with the club...) then they must offer alternatives - the obvious one being smartphone payments/ticketing, for which highly effective solutions already exist and could probably be bought off the shelf.

They're not doing either, which is just plain stupid.
    not sure what your issue is, with an increasing reliance on electronic forms of payment and a cashless society, do you think that it makes economic sense to hire folk to "man the turnstiles"?

If you really are that last minute then go to the club shop before the game for a ticket. The standfree membership card thing was a great addition this season, go online, buy a ticket and get it loaded electronically onto your card, there's a pretty viable and effective off the shelf solution right there.

Quote Originally Posted by campervanbethoven View Post
    not sure what your issue is, with an increasing reliance on electronic forms of payment and a cashless society, do you think that it makes economic sense to hire folk to "man the turnstiles"?

If you really are that last minute then go to the club shop before the game for a ticket. The standfree membership card thing was a great addition this season, go online, buy a ticket and get it loaded electronically onto your card, there's a pretty viable and effective off the shelf solution right there.
    You could have 1 turnstile manned for 1 hour in each stand. Not going to break the bank.

Or the club could just get arrange contactless payment directly at the turnstiles.

You know, like they have in the shops, on the buses and metro systems all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by campervanbethoven View Post

Not sure that should be aimed at me as we seem to agree?

My point in the original thread was that if the club insist on not having PATG, then they must make it as easy as possible to use other means. As it is 'on the day' folk have to wander round to the ticket office and queue to get tickets before wandering back to their turnstile and queuing to get in.

The blindingly obvious solution is to make a ticketing app, where folk could have payment details saved (as you already do for online ticketing) and it would literally be 30 seconds to click a few buttons and the ticket pops up on your phone to scan at the gate. Get the last minute punter's buy-in while they're still standing in the pub with a pint and it seems like a good idea, rather than forcing them to go out their road and stand in the rain just to get a ticket. You might even catch the folk who have a few beers on the Friday night and get up for it, before they change their minds in the morning.

Chip & PIN/contactless is another glaring omission.

Any sensible business would already have this in place AND accept cash to maximise ease of access to everyone who wants to attend.

Turnstile gadges are probably getting paid £7/hour and only really need to be open for about an hour, so one punter paying £22 cash has made them firmly profitable. I imagine the club's issue with it is security and insurance costs.
    Last edited by ILikeJam; 08-05-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Not sure that should be aimed at me as we seem to agree?

My point in the original thread was that if the club insist on not having PATG, then they must make it as easy as possible to use other means.

The blindingly obvious solution is to make a ticketing app, where folk could have payment details saved (as you already do for online ticketing) and it would literally be 30 seconds to click a few buttons and the ticket pops up on your phone to scan at the gate. Get the last minute punter's buy-in while they're still standing in the pub with a pint and it seems like a good idea, rather than forcing them to go out their road and stand in the rain just to get a ticket. You might even catch the folk who have a few beers on the Friday night and get up for it, before they change their minds in the morning.

Chip & PIN/contactless is another glaring omission.

Any sensible business would already have this in place AND accept cash to maximise ease of access to everyone who wants to attend.
    I'm sure the modern options will be incorporated into the new stadium.

As it is 'on the day' folk have to wander round to the ticket office and queue to get tickets before wandering back to their turnstile and queuing to get in.

Incidentally, you can phone up, pay over the phone and then collect from the booth in the Merkland end as well.
    They can print right there.

Turnstile gadges are probably getting paid £7/hour and only really need to be open for about an hour, so one punter paying £22 cash has made them firmly profitable. I imagine the club's issue with it is security and insurance costs.
    I agree the security aspect will be the main issue.
    Handling cash at the turnstile and transporting to the main office probably adds to the costs, might even be police requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

I agree the security aspect will be the main issue.
    Handling cash at the turnstile and transporting to the main office probably adds to the costs, might even be police requirement.
    I seriously doubt the money would leave the stadium to get to the office

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast