+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queens Trust

Queens Trust

With the season now finished we would like to say a big thank you to all who have supported us throughout the last year.

We are currently thinking of what the Queens Trust might be able to do next year and in the longer term and would really love to hear all your ideas and thoughts for its future and the role it can play.

The next Queens Trust meeting will be held on the 18th May 2018 at the Queens Arena 7.30pm and it would be great to have lots of suggestions to discuss.

For reasons I can't explain here.I did not renew my trust membership last season.Get yourself a noticable table in the arena

oops cut short....Get a table in the arena as usual early in the season and I shall sign up again.All the best to the trust!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    oops cut short....Get a table in the arena as usual early in the season and I shall sign up again.All the best to the trust!
    I think the Trust's original remit was to purchase shares in Queens but that has been well and truly blocked by the club and their quest to get a member on to the board was scuppered at the 2017 AGM. Perhaps Joe Tulip can confirm this ?

Probably time to call it a day folks. Nobody can say you’ve not done a lot of great work for the club with all the money you’ve put into them over the years but you failed in your ultimate aim of getting a fan representative on the board.
    Personally think you should get all funds you’ve left in the kitty and start a transfer fee fund. Then other supporters clubs can add to it and most importantly whoever contributed is in charge of it & not Queens

Several other clubs have transfer funds set up by supporters groups. Think it’s quite a good idea

Queens Trust membership for 2018-19 now available on EBay. I renewed my membership last night.

This could be a good idea for the trust to spend money on:

10 year old Oliver Edwards from Goytre Fawr Primary School in Monmouthshire, recently spent time with Wales Football Manager; Chris Coleman, quizzing him on his experiences of sport. Here, he shares his experience and what inspires him in his role as a Young Ambassador:

"I will never forget the day my mum received an email from the Football Association Wales offering me the opportunity to meet one of my heroes; Wales Manager Chris Coleman. I couldn’t believe that what started as a small idea, had led to meeting one of the most successful Welsh football managers of all time.

I recently became a Young Ambassador for the Youth Sport Trust and Sport Wales, which means I promote a healthy lifestyle and encourage the children in my school to take part in sport. There are so many benefits to sport like making friends, feeling good and being part of a team. It’s so much fun and I really want to be a role model for others.

To help me get started, I thought it would be good to get some insight from someone who worked in the sport world. My school has a radio and I’m part of the radio team, so I wanted to set up some interviews, which could be turned into podcasts and played at the school. I wanted to speak to people who inspire me and as a huge football fan, I thought someone at the Football Association Wales would be perfect.

My mum emailed them to see if I could interview someone at the office. The email was picked up by the media team who invited me to come to the next press conference to announce the squad ahead of the Wales v Serbia World Cup qualifier game. Not only was I going to attend a press conference, I had permission to ask Chris Coleman a question AND I could interview him after the conference. I tried to keep really cool.

I didn’t feel nervous when I arrived - I wanted to make the most of the experience and enjoy every minute. I’ve always been interested in football and really want to be a journalist, so it was exciting to sit with the press. There were about 15 journalists and camera crews but I wasn’t intimidated - they were all really nice and complemented me on my suit.

When the time came, I asked him for his advice on how to inspire young people to get involved in sport. After the ‘no comment’ answer, which got the room in fits of laughter, he gave a really sincere answer. “As long as you are prepared to give everything you've got and be honest to yourself you'll succeed.”

After the conference, I had a chat with Chris. I used the time to ask him how he inspires others to get involved in sport and what advice he would give a ten year old who would love to have a career in sport.

I’ve really thought about the advice he gave me and will always remember the last thing he told me which was to ‘enjoy the journey’. When I told my friends they were really surprised and a bit envious, but I think my teachers and dad’s friends were more jealous.

I can’t wait to share the podcast with my school. I’m hoping to start a series of podcasts, but this one will be a little hard to beat!

The next thing I’m helping out with is Healthy Living Week, which is when all lessons stop at our school for one week so that we can promote health and wellbeing. We want to give kids the chance to take part in different sports. I think it’s important to find a sport that suits you especially if we want to get kids hooked on sport for life, they need to enjoy it. I will try to get some alternative sports included in the week, so I might suggest things like trampolining, badminton, table tennis and archery as some of the kids at my school aren’t so keen on team sports. I’m hoping these types of sports won’t make them feel intimidated.

To be successful in my role as a Young Ambassador, I think I need to be patient with others to inspire them. If you are too bossy, then people tend not to listen to you. You need to be kind and patient and if they don’t get what you are trying to teach them first time, you just need to give them time. I want people to make the most of every opportunity. I just love sport and want to get other people inspired to take part too."

Thanks Bagapapa.

Ftivano the last time i met the Chairman he said he would block the Trust from buying any number of shares from any person and was quite adamant about it.

Thanks Albertz. 18/19 membership renewals have not actually started yet that was the 2018 ones on eBay but thank you for renewing I will mark you down for 18/19.

Thanks for the ideas and thoughts. Keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by JTulip View Post
    Thanks Bagapapa.

Ftivano the last time i met the Chairman he said he would block the Trust from buying any number of shares from any person and was quite adamant about it.

Thanks Albertz. 18/19 membership renewals have not actually started yet that was the 2018 ones on eBay but thank you for renewing I will mark you down for 18/19.

Thanks for the ideas and thoughts. Keep them coming.

TAXI for ALBERTZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)