+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby v Barnsley, early thoughts

Derby v Barnsley, early thoughts

Now then lads, and Im talking to the REAL Derby fans on here of course.
    (not the fans who claim to be Derby fans for the sake of it or for a laugh!)

Your almost into the play offs of course, and goal difference is also in your favour if it comes to a draw. But who really plays for a so called draw these days eh ?.
    This is one of those annoying matches isnt it which has so many permutations, and if we could agree to a draw that would be ace!. But, we cant control what Preston & Burton & Bolton do in their matches can we.

This season, we sucked in the 0-3 league game, but we were much better in the 3-2 Lg cup win. We've only ever won once at the new Baseball Stadium (as I call it), and that was back in 2009.

(btw, didnt there used to be a Normanton end or something at your old ground ?. Normanton is my hometown in West Yorkshire of course, and I think there is also a Normanton in Wolverhampton as well lol.)

Acido I'd say either side plays for a draw at their peril.

I just hope we show the energy and desire shown in the last 3 games as opposed to the 3 before them.

We've a habit of fluffing our lines as you know so there will be a lot of nerves around the place.

I have to say I've a feeling we will win but best of luck no matter what the outcome.

There is also a Normanton in Derby, Acido.

I have only visited Barnsley FC on one occasion. That was back in our 07 promortion campaign. We won 2-1. Took 7500 fans to the game...... and I have to say I was, in football parlance, "over the moon" at the quality of the pies served. Best I have had at a football ground.

The game? I have gone for 3-1 Derby on the premise that the last 3 performances have shown that the previous 19 (1 point a game average) were a blip following the 19 before that (over 2 points a game average). Having been top 6 for so long and top 2 for half a dozen weeks, I don't think the lads will be looking to give Barnsley a chance. Barnsley will be fighting for their lives so there will be little between the sides except for the fact that our players are better footballers than Barnsley's. Skill will out.

Unfortunately, that leaves Acido's team hoping that other results go against them.

I'm of the opposite view, I think Barnsley will be up for it more than us, its a big game for both of us but they're more likely to step up than us, they've had some good results while we couldn't bring ourselves to beat Burton or Sunderland so beating Barnsley is no given

The last few performances have convinced me that we’ve shaken off the losing habit, at least until we play Fulham in the playoffs.
    Think Barnsley might be even more nervous than us and as MA says, we have the better players. An early goal would be nice but I’m going for 3-1, although a new born lamb has been peering into my garden this morning...it has 51 sprayed on its side so maybe it’s an omen. Hope I don’t see #12 tomorrow morning!

Derby and Preston to both win but I think Bolton will beat that lot down the road and survive

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    The last few performances have convinced me that we’ve shaken off the losing habit, at least until we play Fulham in the playoffs.
    Think Barnsley might be even more nervous than us and as MA says, we have the better players. An early goal would be nice but I’m going for 3-1, although a new born lamb has been peering into my garden this morning...it has 51 sprayed on its side so maybe it’s an omen. Hope I don’t see #12 tomorrow morning!
    You said it. We have the better players. If all 22 on the pitch put in 100%, we win. Wolves have proved that this year time after time (not against us obvs), we should prove it tomorrow. Trouble is, next stop Fulham!

Unless Boro lose at Ipswich and we turn that small GD around.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Now then lads, and Im talking to the REAL Derby fans on here of course.
    (not the fans who claim to be Derby fans for the sake of it or for a laugh!)

Your almost into the play offs of course, and goal difference is also in your favour if it comes to a draw. But who really plays for a so called draw these days eh ?.
    This is one of those annoying matches isnt it which has so many permutations, and if we could agree to a draw that would be ace!. But, we cant control what Preston & Burton & Bolton do in their matches can we.

This season, we sucked in the 0-3 league game, but we were much better in the 3-2 Lg cup win. We've only ever won once at the new Baseball Stadium (as I call it), and that was back in 2009.

(btw, didnt there used to be a Normanton end or something at your old ground ?. Normanton is my hometown in West Yorkshire of course, and I think there is also a Normanton in Wolverhampton as well lol.)
    We'll go for the win because I don't think we are good enough to play for a draw, and we WILL win, sorry

Always a problem what Derby will turn up Talking to Barnsley fans recently they were saying they are a far better team than their position in the league Obviously Mcburnie is a big threat and Hammill always gives us problems and Gardner always has a long range goal in him Take us 2-1 but hope Barnsley survive my second team Yes still great pies second only to Burnley

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)