+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OT - The rock and roll memories of 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    Sickly, using 1973 as a cut-off point I too had already seen Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Hawkwind.

I'd also seen the likes of The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Rory Gallagher, Alvin Lee, BB King, Miles Davis, Zappa and the Mothers, Loudon Wainwright (Rufus came later) Soft Machine, Sly and the Family Stone, The Groundhogs, Free, Chicago, Miles Davis, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Joan Baez, Jethro Tull and many more.

The only real disappointment was going to France especially to see Captain Beefheart and the Rolling Stones circa 1972 only to have the gig rained off, BEYOND the 11th hour! My consolation? Seeing and hearing Jimi Hendrix shortly before he died. And David Bowie in his Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars.

After 1973? Things were much better and no ghastly Glam Rock to soil the memory bank.

My biggest disappointment? Going to France especially to see Captain Beefheart and the Rolling Stones circa 1972, only to see the gig rained off at the last moment by the m
    That is some roll-call. I may have seen a lot of the world but when it comes to live music, you're the man. I tip my hat...

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Ah ok...just testing..i was sub-concious thinking you were kempo..hes very good at tripping himself up you know..
    We're getting some clues on this thread about Kempo's real age though - about 66 years old, which is in agreement with previous estimates (if he actually exists, of course). Should be old enough to know better.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 07-05-2018 at 07:20 AM.

'73

Made in Japan first Album I bought (still got it + most of the others)
    Also year I "discovered" Floyd, Sabbath, Zepplin, Genesis, Yes etc

Best era for music (of that ilk) IMO

[QUOfTE=Zilzal;38880588]Milla, are you sure you don't mean that you were semi conscious?

I only ask because all of your posts over the years suggest some kind of mental disability.[/QUOTE]

Yes theres definately something mental going on..its the guitar..it changes you..ask geetarman, he knows..if you dont want to be ruled for the rest of your life, just dont pick one up..

Anyone remember the girl that danced near naked as part of the Hawkwind act. Was her name Sylvia or Stacy.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Anyone remember the girl that danced near naked as part of the Hawkwind act. Was her name Sylvia or Stacy.
    Stacia I think, very large jugs. When I saw them they had this weird light show and it made me feel quite ill.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234