+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheer up Tony Scholes...

Cheer up Tony Scholes...

...oh what can it mean.....?
    Great to see S**ke relegated-particularly when one remembers their season ticket advertisements within Crewe which no doubt that tw*t Scholes had a say in somewhere along the line.
    I recall a while back listening to him being interviewed on Radio S**ke where he mentioned 'areas like Crewe' where he wanted S**ke to increase their fanbase.
    So bye bye S**ke.Down you go.😁

Smile Carefull !

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    ...oh what can it mean.....?
    Great to see S**ke relegated-particularly when one remembers their season ticket advertisements within Crewe which no doubt that tw*t Scholes had a say in somewhere along the line.
    I recall a while back listening to him being interviewed on Radio S**ke where he mentioned 'areas like Crewe' where he wanted S**ke to increase their fanbase.
    So bye bye S**ke.Down you go.😁
    Yes but several weeks ago it looked odds on all 3 local teams Vale Crewe Stoke would get relegated? Stoke had one bad season and did it where as Crewe have had 4 seasons of it and are sleep walking into the None League if things do not change very quick next season like bringing in some Experience and less of the Academy.
    I see Stokes Academy this last 10 years have not produced one player for the 1st team,well they know where to send them?

There's been a noticeable upturn in performance these last ten or so games so I think your pessimism is a little mis-placed.
    Could be in for a good season in the next campaign but for the time being,and bearing in mind the billboard and telephone box adverts that S**ke have plastered around Crewe,let's just enjoy their relegation.😉

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    Yes but several weeks ago it looked odds on all 3 local teams Vale Crewe Stoke would get relegated? Stoke had one bad season and did it where as Crewe have had 4 seasons of it and are sleep walking into the None League if things do not change very quick next season like bringing in some Experience and less of the Academy.
    I see Stokes Academy this last 10 years have not produced one player for the 1st team,well they know where to send them?
    It never looked odds on for us to get relegated. Yes, we found ourselves nearer the trapdoor than we would have liked but frankly, no one looked certainties for relegation from League 2 until about the middle of April by which time we were moving up the league.
    And for the record it is, in the main, our Academy players that have shown the way. When Ray (an Academy product) replaced Raynes (an "experienced" player) in our defence we began to achieve some very good results. Ainley, Ng and Pickering have had outstanding seasons and look potential "good money" sales in the not too distant future along with Kirk and Jones. But if course, attending matches would tell you that! So for me, long live the Academy because it is keeping us afloat. Also, I am no expert, but I believe there has been a lad from Stokes Academy who has made the first team. Their Academy has not been established that long and it takes time for players to come through. It certainly doesn't happen overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    It never looked odds on for us to get relegated. Yes, we found ourselves nearer the trapdoor than we would have liked but frankly, no one looked certainties for relegation from League 2 until about the middle of April by which time we were moving up the league.
    And for the record it is, in the main, our Academy players that have shown the way. When Ray (an Academy product) replaced Raynes (an "experienced" player) in our defence we began to achieve some very good results. Ainley, Ng and Pickering have had outstanding seasons and look potential "good money" sales in the not too distant future along with Kirk and Jones. But if course, attending matches would tell you that! So for me, long live the Academy because it is keeping us afloat. Also, I am no expert, but I believe there has been a lad from Stokes Academy who has made the first team. Their Academy has not been established that long and it takes time for players to come through. It certainly doesn't happen overnight.
    We know your not an Expert tim,but you had better tell RS as thats what they said about the Stoke Academy !!! and they should know? Never looked odds on Crewe would not get relegated come off it you must be joking many on this site were s**** themselves. 4 seasons now !!!

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    We know your not an Expert tim,but you had better tell RS as thats what they said about the Stoke Academy !!! and they should know? Never looked odds on Crewe would not get relegated come off it you must be joking many on this site were s**** themselves. 4 seasons now !!!
    I am not an expert as you rightly say. However, the facts are that second half of the season we have been top half and since The beginning of March the form guide suggests we are second over the last 12 games. Never in danger. Those who were panicking are doom merchants anyway. We look a good side now with the Academy lads that have cemented their place in the team and the loan signings, particularly Green and Miller. Every reason to expect a better season next time out

It was reported on BBC Radio Stoke yesterday, that the football club in question, had not actually produced a player from their academy during the past ten years, who had gone on to hit the heights in the game. There are a few lads who have actually played for Stoke's first team (such as Edwards and Campbell, this season), but star names are few and far between, I would think. It said that a lot of money was actually spent on running their academy. As for the Alex, from what I see now is that we have a man in charge who is prepared to stand by these academy lads, give them every chance to succeed and has the good sense to get them signed up on long contracts. Too many good prospects have left this club in the past, when they could have done a very good job for us. Now we have a manager who doesn't appear to have favourites and rewards those who show promise and give them the opportunities to play in the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    It was reported on BBC Radio Stoke yesterday, that the football club in question, had not actually produced a player from their academy during the past ten years, who had gone on to hit the heights in the game.

I feel a bit of perspective is required here, if only for the sake of balance.
    Much easier to play "one (or more) of our own" in leagues 1 and 2 than the Prem - but it's still a fun fact nonetheless!!

Bye bye, Stoke!
    Now wouldn't it be funny if Boro came up just as Stoke and WBA go down?

God no, Somerset - Pulisball should be outlawed as a crime on the eyes! I know where you’re coming from, of course, but anyone who’s watched the Championship on Sky would love to see Fulham gracing the PL next year.

We will be playing these clowns in the 2019/20 season in league one. Watch them drop like a stone, the 12th man will be back down to 8000, the rest of them will be back in their United and Liverpool shirts. If I was the Alex I would be putting up a few adverts for season tickets in Hanley and near the sh*tania, just for sh*ts and giggles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast