+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheer up Tony Scholes...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Death View Post
    We will be playing these clowns in the 2019/20 season in league one. Watch them drop like a stone, the 12th man will be back down to 8000, the rest of them will be back in their United and Liverpool shirts. If I was the Alex I would be putting up a few adverts for season tickets in Hanley and near the sh*tania, just for sh*ts and giggles
    Yeh,I think The Alex should've posted a couple of big billboard ads in The Potteries by way of retaliation.
    They have the cheek and audacity to come into our manor and try to poach support...well we should've retaliated in similar fashion.
    What a c**t that Scholes is.

I think Stoke are well capable of the double dip, there is very little quality in there squad and what they have will be moving on. A massive rebuild is needed and if they don't get the right players for a tough championship then the double dip is on, could be worth a small bet. No doubt Sunderland thought they were odds on to return to premiership first time around. Whereas Crewe for the first time in years have got a settled squad, no exodus of experienced players like last season so everything is looking positive.

I doubt that Stoke will be in the bottom 6 next year. Yes their squad needs rebuilding but they aren’t the financial basket cast that Sunderland are. They will get money from the sale of Allen, Shaqiri and others, receive £40m from the PL parachute payments and are backed by wealthy owners (at least by Championship standards). They are better set than Hull, although maybe not as settled as Middlesbrough. I reckon it’s wishful thinking that they go down again, even if it would be great to hear less of the pillock who covers them for Radio Joke.

Besides, let’s forget about the noisy neighbours and concentrate on the even better news - the Mighty Alex are in decent shape for next year already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12