+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The three daggers to our heart.

The three daggers to our heart.

1/ Late winner for Southampton when we played at their place.

2/ Late Swansea equaliser at our place.

3/ Late Stoke equaliser at our place.

5 points thrown away against rubbish sides and because it would also be points Southampton and Swansea would not have gained they’d be a further one and two points behind us.

I remember getting stick on here for berating Foster and Hegazi in particular for that f k up in the third match of the season which cost us a third straight win.

I was told to “chill out and relax” and that I was being too harsh.

This is exactly why my glass is always half empty......I have this inate ability/curse that warns me of impending doom.

It serves me well in life generally.....it’s a pity Albion didn’t live by that same ethos instead of becoming complacent under Pulis for which a lot of blame goes to MR “I never get relegated” himself!

That mantra trotted out by him and by Eddie and Ben and others on Radio WM including Paul Franks is proved to be foolish hyperbole.....nothing more than “The Kings New Clothes”.

Say it often enough and you’ll believe it.

Burton here we come.

What about Watford’s injury time equaliser !!!!!!

Appointing Pardew was the biggest mistake of all, and Jenkins trying to save money by not sacking him after the Huddersfield game at the end of the day we will finish where we deserve to be i can't believe a club could make so many poor decisions in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Appointing Pardew was the biggest mistake of all, and Jenkins trying to save money by not sacking him after the Huddersfield game at the end of the day we will finish where we deserve to be i can't believe a club could make so many poor decisions in a season.

Best post of the day!!!! Pulis had to go - Pardew was a complete disgrace but i BLAME the Board more than anyone for not getting rid of Pardew earlier and did say this time and time again pre Huddersfield!

Big Dave now deserves a shot without a doubt. if someone like Appleton gets appointed over Big Dave, then the Board can go and feck themselves, as they won't see my cash again. Maybe and just maybe the supporters will be listened to for once in a blue moon - the majority now think Big Dave deserves a shot and what more does the big guy need to do? The big man deserves a crack!

Losing 2 nil leads at home to watford and newcastle has cost us the 4 points that will probably send us down.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Losing 2 nil leads at home to watford and newcastle has cost us the 4 points that will probably send us down.
    Not as much as giveaways to the three teams around us B.B.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Best post of the day!!!! Pulis had to go - Pardew was a complete disgrace but i BLAME the Board more than anyone for not getting rid of Pardew earlier and did say this time and time again pre Huddersfield!

Big Dave now deserves a shot without a doubt. if someone like Appleton gets appointed over Big Dave, then the Board can go and feck themselves, as they won't see my cash again. Maybe and just maybe the supporters will be listened to for once in a blue moon - the majority now think Big Dave deserves a shot and what more does the big guy need to do? The big man deserves a crack!
    Biggest mistake of all def appointing Pardew, and then sticking with him too long! Responsible and guilty, the board and owners of course!

Btw Al, are you going to Palace, if so, maybe we could meet up for a drink?

It's all shoulda , woulda, coulda , it's so f**king frustrating if your a baggie .

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    1/ Late winner for Southampton when we played at their place.

2/ Late Swansea equaliser at our place.

3/ Late Stoke equaliser at our place.

5 points thrown away against rubbish sides and because it would also be points Southampton and Swansea would not have gained they’d be a further one and two points behind us.

I remember getting stick on here for berating Foster and Hegazi in particular for that f k up in the third match of the season which cost us a third straight win.

I was told to “chill out and relax” and that I was being too harsh.

This is exactly why my glass is always half empty......I have this inate ability/curse that warns me of impending doom.

It serves me well in life generally.....it’s a pity Albion didn’t live by that same ethos instead of becoming complacent under Pulis for which a lot of blame goes to MR “I never get relegated” himself!

That mantra trotted out by him and by Eddie and Ben and others on Radio WM including Paul Franks is proved to be foolish hyperbole.....nothing more than “The Kings New Clothes”.

Say it often enough and you’ll believe it.

Burton here we come.
    When I saw the thread title Mick I thought you were going to say Pulis, Pardew and Hammond.

Pardew was a bad appointment but I'd like to know why there seemed little effort from the players under him even though he gave them far more freedom to express themselves than Pulis did. The team format under Moore isn't much different to what it was under Pardew but the commitment is there.
    Many of the said players will want away in a couple of weeks time. They want the money and the prestige being top flight players brings. They could have continued to have it here.
    I excuse a few of the players from the criticism: Dawson, Rondon & Foster. 3 others Brunt, Helgazi and Phillips weren't as bad as the rest. Phillips due to being asked to play a role alien to him, Brunt seemed to be giving his best most of the time, Helgazi isn't the most brilliant centre back but again put in the effort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)