+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunderland v Wolves Matchday Thread

Good grief; 3 - 0 down to the relegated team. WTF is going on. Cancel the celebrations ... (only joking)

"Substitution, Wolverhampton Wanderers. Harry Burgoyne replaces Will Norris."

Is Will Norris off somewhere in the summer break (apart from his holiday)??

Sunderland 3-0......I'm beginning to think our lads are taking the p--s. Surely, our supporters there today deserve better than this dross, or am I being unreasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Sunderland 3-0......I'm beginning to think our lads are taking the p--s. Surely, our supporters there today deserve better than this dross, or am I being unreasonable?
    I think you are absolutely spot on, Grizz. To think I was offered a ticket for this match .... TG!!

Not at all grizz.
    A lot of people paid a lot of money, very disappointing.

What a disgraceful way to end a wonderful season....I'm a bit disappointed with our lot today, to say the least. I look forward to Gav's take on this. Well, my brother Wolfies, we must now gird our loins for the Prem'next season...can't wait. In case I don't contact for a while, may I wish you all a great summer and a happy holiday for those who can afford it.

What a disgraceful way to end a wonderful season....I'm a bit disappointed with our lot today, to say the least. I look forward to Gav's take on this. Well, my brother Wolfies, we must now gird our loins for the Prem'next season...can't wait. In case I don't contact for a while, may I wish you all a great summer and a happy holiday for those who can afford it.
    I have been at my Daughters graduation ceremony all weekend and have only just caught up with things. What a shockingly depressing way to end the season! Did we put out a weak lineup? I can only hope there was a trace of pragmatism involved and the boss was looking what his options were for next season. But either way what a bummer for the poor souls who went up there for the game. Fecking dismal!!

See ya grizz, as I posted above enjoy your hibernation old son.

My brother-in-law drove myself, my sister and Dad up to Sunderland this morning, his take honest take on the game was 'Wolves were on the beach' and how right was he! This despite his side winning 3-0.

It would be quick and easy to rip into Nuno and the players for today's performance, i'm only going to comment on what was on show today, our season has been one that i will never forget, a side that has made myself and many other Wolves fans proud again.

Nuno will no doubt have been give plenty of food for thought on a few of the fringe players that started the game, Norris, Miranda, Batth and Gibbs-White. The actual Wolves performance from start to finish was one that can only be described as a disappointing one. The high energy passing game wasn't there. It was littered with mistakes. All three goals could really have been avoided. Norris didn't do himself any favours with the first, Danny Batth got turned to easily for the second and four or five players didn't put a foot in for the third.

Wolves as a side stood off the opposition, we got picked off and forced into giving the ball away. On the creative front, it wasn't happening, and i can't really remember Steele making a genuine save. Wolves hitting the side netting was about as good as it gets. Even the subs failed to make any impact of note, both Enobakhare and Bonatini didn't do much to change our fortunes.

I will be surprised if we see the likes of Batth and Miranda in a Wolves shirt again, youngster Gibbs-White is a good prospect.

I think you’re report says it all, a try out for the fringe players to prove themselves worthy of a place in next years squad. I agree that we should retain Gibbs-White, I also think Enobakhare has potential, the latter may benefit from a season long loan to get game time and mature as a player?

Sad that we couldn't finish with a win to take into the break. One point from the last two games is not good but as Gav says it has been a great season. I see a trip to LA is in the offing before the players take a well earned break.

Less games to play next season, unless we manage a Cup run, which would be nice. Despite all the newspaper speculation, it will be interesting to see which players are retained and who will arrive. I do think it will be important to keep giving the young players a chance from the accadamy, or what is the point of having it.

Exciting times at Molineux, who would have pedicted that, after the previous two seasons dross.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)