+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket site crashed

... Snobhead 1 has spoken. All face East and be humble for the pearls he throws to us lowly ones ...

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You are completely missing the point. I would guess that most on here are diehard fans who will grudgingly tolerate an abysmal website and do whatever it takes to get a ticket, people like me. But for a game like this, there will be an awful lot of casual fans who will just give up if the website makes it difficult for them to give the club their money.
    So as a floating fan you expect to have the carpet laid out for you? ST holders would lose their hair!

A little patience when something is popular, thats all it takes. What did you want them to do with the website? Its contracted out to Medoc and cant be changed til that deal is done I would assume?

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    So as a floating fan you expect to have the carpet laid out for you? ST holders would lose their hair!

A little patience when something is popular, thats all it takes. What did you want them to do with the website? Its contracted out to Medoc and cant be changed til that deal is done I would assume?
    There is a genuine problem getting non techy people to understand this: just because a lot of people have had no problem, it doesn't mean there is no problem.

In the good old days, systems providers (like CCN then Experian who I worked for) would be totally responsible for the entire environment the system ran on, and there were no PCs, just dumb terminals. But now we have the Internet, and everyone has their own machine running different operating systems and using different browsers. Some will use phones, some tablets, some PCs, whatever.

Just because a website can be used easily on some platforms, it doesn't mean it can be used by all and it really makes no difference if you're a proper fan or not. Of course it should work for everyone, but developers are lazy and don't test on all the platforms their software might run on. Hence those complacent messages back in the late 90s saying 'this website is best viewed using Internet Explorer'. But this is the 21st century so sort it out Notts. Or at least recognise the problem.

I tried to renew my season ticket online the other week, and it wpuld not let me go to the basket as it crashed or something every time and would not load up. So I had to phone the ticket office up, and told them (so they can pass it on) of the issues with the online system and did it over the phone. This then stops those trying to call in getting through. So creates a backlog.

The system appears to be failing at the basic level. In 2018 it should be quite easy and simple to purchase tickets online using mobile phones, the internet or any other device.

I know it’s not the clubs fault and imagine if other clubs use the same software or operating system they have the same problems.

Elite is right, general everyday fans might put up with a slow or substandard online purchasing system, but floating fans or potential new customers will just give up as they won’t want the hassle.

I’ve talked about the Motorpoint Arena and the system there in the past and any other arenas. Yes those systems do crash or are slow, but that’s when tens of thousands of people are trying to buy tickets all at once, not a few hundred at intermittent periods I’d imagine.

Likewise the stadium plan online should be quite simple like an airline seat allocation section showing all season ticket holder seats greyed out and then the different price category’s and available seats in other colours. Not sure if it does this already?

Let’s face facts and be blunt here the conclusion I’ve come to is it’s not fit for purpose going into 2018/19 season and the sooner the contract expires and a better system be put in place the better for fans, the ticket office and the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I heard the same from Mick Hucknall and Clint Eastwood.

Arnold told me he'd be back.

Bought tickets online plenty of times with no problem and blow me, I agree with Black Hoss on something(must be too much sun). What’s the panic with away tickets, we’ve got 4000 of the boggers?

As for the home game, I’ve seen this side play too many times to hand over hard earned cash before I’ve seen how the first leg has gone.

No, I wouldn't expect special treatment, but if I was a casual customer I would expect a system that easily allows me to hand over my money in return for a ticket. If I found it very difficult to give the club my money, I would probably give up and spend it at a place that offers a better level of customer service. What part of that are you struggling to understand?

Why would someone waste a very nice sunny Bank Holiday Monday standing in a queue at meadow Lane when the phone will work all week.

Paying cash might be seen as an old-fashioned concept, but it works for me every time....border guards, police, prostitutes, divorce lawyers, cheap casual labour....no problems.....nobody has ever refused the filthy lucre and I have sailed through every time...strange huh?

I went to get my tickets at 10 this morning. What i found fustrating ,was that the queue was moving very slowly and when getting to the front ,found out why- if you were buying home and away tickets they had to go through as 2 seperate transactions and when paying by card, you had to enter your card details twice. Presumably this was to split the sales between the home and away tickets, but you would have thought that whatever it was, in this day and age a computer programme should be capable of analysing the ticket sales into whatever information is required.
    But hey, i'm a pensioner so what do I know.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast