+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luton Outlaws Poll

Luton Outlaws Poll

Greetings from Luton - and congrats to the touch of class your fans and, especially, your manager showed to our team at the end of the match. Kevin Nolan held in high regard by us and our manager as proper football person - visiting our dressing room, personally, at end of match with champers and beer much appreciated. As was your fans staying and clapping ur team. Thought you may be interested in Luton Outlaws poll on this link http://members.boardhost.com/lutonou...525558941.html

Thanks Hatter 1946... you guys were brilliant, so much noise and I like your songs Lets hope we see you next season.

Love the voting.. Jimmy Hill eh

Nice that the good face of our fans was on show today, well done to all.

Thanks hatter 1946.

Many Notts County fans were similarly generous to Portsmouth when they held their promotion party at Meadow Lane last season, but with the Alan Sheehan connection thrown in yesterday as well, I think there was particular good will.

Plus, Notts fans are as well placed as any to understand the struggles Luton have gone through in recent times. I remember from my childhood watching the likes of Ricky Hill and Brian and Mark Stein mixing it with the top teams in the country (on the plastic pitch!) so when Luton dropped out of the league it didn't seem right. I'm pleased to see the club on the up again, and I hope the poll is right and we're right behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Thanks hatter 1946.

Many Notts County fans were similarly generous to Portsmouth when they held their promotion party at Meadow Lane last season, but with the Alan Sheehan connection thrown in yesterday as well, I think there was particular good will.

Plus, Notts fans are as well placed as any to understand the struggles Luton have gone through in recent times. I remember from my childhood watching the likes of Ricky Hill and Brian and Mark Stein mixing it with the top teams in the country (on the plastic pitch!) so when Luton dropped out of the league it didn't seem right. I'm pleased to see the club on the up again, and I hope the poll is right and we're right behind you.
    Who can forget the Futcher twins and how many times did Lil Fuccillo break his leg!

Quote Originally Posted by hatter1946 View Post
    Greetings from Luton - and congrats to the touch of class your fans and, especially, your manager showed to our team at the end of the match. Kevin Nolan held in high regard by us and our manager as proper football person - visiting our dressing room, personally, at end of match with champers and beer much appreciated. As was your fans staying and clapping ur team. Thought you may be interested in Luton Outlaws poll on this link http://members.boardhost.com/lutonou...525558941.html
    Well done to the Luton fans for staying off the pitch, and Sheehans's touch of class for the drop ball incident.

Hopefully the Hatters will be back at the lane in league next year.

That was quite a team - Walsh and Stein were the England strikeforce in at least 1 game. Others that come to mind, Mal Donaghy, Brian Horton, David Moss and maybe a bit later does anyone else remember Mitchell Thomas tear us apart at ML from left back?

Eric Morecambe ....

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    Well done to the Luton fans for staying off the pitch, and Sheehans's touch of class for the drop ball incident.
    That was bizarre, I'm fairly sure Alan McCormack (big fan of his btw) was saying that they should do exactly what Sheehan ended up doing in the end it was just Danny Hylton that seemed to think the ref was going to introduce a new rule for him where he would drop the ball and let him keep possession. Either we kick it to Luton, they kick it to us or it's a drop ball, not sure why he felt the need to enforce his new rule but the ref was never really in control, as evidenced by the drinks break both sets of players decided to have a minute before the break leaving him standing on his own in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    That was bizarre, I'm fairly sure Alan McCormack (big fan of his btw) was saying that they should do exactly what Sheehan ended up doing in the end it was just Danny Hylton that seemed to think the ref was going to introduce a new rule for him where he would drop the ball and let him keep possession. Either we kick it to Luton, they kick it to us or it's a drop ball, not sure why he felt the need to enforce his new rule but the ref was never really in control, as evidenced by the drinks break both sets of players decided to have a minute before the break leaving him standing on his own in the middle
    I thought the Ref had given Luton a free kick and so did Hylton . Stead held his head and after that it all got a bit bizarre. I think the Ref had actually forgot he had given Luton a free kick and thought he had stopped it for a head injury . Hylton got booked and then got a 2nd yellow ( I actually thought it was a straight red ) for his slap on Brisley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast