+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lavery

Lavery

Don’t know what the score is with Blades but do you think he’s worth trying to sign?

I like what I seen so far and maybe we could get him ready for next season whatever league we are in

Ball
    Smith
    Proctor should be back
    Yates I’d let go
    JCH (shut up Mellow) is gone by the sounds

So we could do with another striker, maybe fetch Thomas in

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Don’t know what the score is with Blades but do you think he’s worth trying to sign?

I like what I seen so far and maybe we could get him ready for next season whatever league we are in
    He's similar to Ball but a bit younger. Difficult to judge what Ball would have done though, if he had not been injured/ ill early season. Ball scored 14 goals for Fleetwood in 2016/7 in League 1. Would he have managed the same or better for the Millers if he had been fully fit? Just about impossible to tell which is the better of the two. Possibly worth keeping Lavery if some of the other forwards go, but it's not a clear cut decision.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 06-05-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Very very ordinary. There's got to be better around. Not remotely good enough for the Championship and it may be the fact that we don't have a decent finisher at the club that just scuppers our promotion bid.

Lavery works hard and hassles defenders but something seems to be lacking. Maybe he's not fully fit.
    At the moment I'd say let him go if we get promoted but try to keep him if we don't.

From what I have seen of Lavery I think he is more effective than Ball at giving defenders something to think about. He runs at them and the goalie and seems a bit more aggressive than Ball.
    I would like to see us sign Lavery but if I'm honest I don't see any of our current strikers having a big impact at Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Lavery works hard and hassles defenders but something seems to be lacking. Maybe he's not fully fit.
    At the moment I'd say let him go if we get promoted but try to keep him if we don't.
    Really think there's a player there, quick and strong and decent in the air for his size. Imo I think Warne wants a full pre season to get him fully fit. I think he will be a handful next year.

To me Ball is better than Lavery, when fully fit he has the experience to open a defence with his skill, I agree with Millertop regarding Yates that he should be released.
    So that leaves a option to keep Lavery, if the Blades don't want him.
    Not forgetting their will be a lot of players looking for clubs in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    Really think there's a player there, quick and strong and decent in the air for his size. Imo I think Warne wants a full pre season to get him fully fit. I think he will be a handful next year.
    I totally agree but I doubt if he'll leave the Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I totally agree but I doubt if he'll leave the Blades.
    It’s not always down to the player though is it, I think he might have a year contract still but he was sent out to improve and to see if he can fit in to their championship squad (can he?)
    Atm I don’t see him getting in their side but if one of their strikers get an injury then Lavery may be needed but then again he might be transferred listed.

Either way we still need another striker imo

Will wait and see

MT...we were discussing Lavery after the final whistle on Saturday. My point was he is a different player to Ball in that Ball has the silky skills with his quick turns that can open up a defence where as Lavery has the impetus to attack on goal with one aim and that's to score a goal.

If you look at Ball of late he has all the time in the world to let fly with a shot but for some reason his bottle has gone and wants to slide it off to another player. Confidence breeds confidence and Ball needs to get this back into his game.

Lavery on the other hand is a total handful for any defender. He's strong, will attack with one aim and that is to score. he was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet against Blackpool.I find him a player that is very useful and even if initially used as a last 20 minute player, then he is a great foil to have on the bench. As his match fitness improves who knows what role he could bring to our forward line.

If I was Warne, and as mentioned earlier in a post, I'd be looking to let Yates go and bring in Lavery as he is by far the stronger and better player. We will have to wait and see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast