+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oakwell

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Think that was actually Hammill's only good performance that season.
    Signing for Perth Glory fire so you've nowt to worry about next season .

:-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Signing for Perth Glory fire so you've nowt to worry about next season .

:-) :-)
    Must admit as a town I prefer Barnsley over Rotherham but having spent time in Perth I envy his choice. A great city and lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Must admit as a town I prefer Barnsley over Rotherham but having spent time in Perth I envy his choice. A great city and lifestyle.
    No brainer isn't it CA , fag end of his career with a young family .

Nice lifestyle , warm weather in a great city and country .

I certainly don't blame him .

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    The game at oakwell ended up a thrashing but at half time it was 0-0 and we were very much in the game.
    Unfortunately once we went behind the result became inevitable, which also became all too familiar under Stubbs and it's really taken until now to stop the rot. In my opinion we have the best squad in the play offs, other teams may think they have a better first eleven, but I can't remember a better bench we have had for a long long time.
    Not so certain about this...i agree about the strength in depth bit, but weve had a poor back line all season and got away with it..how many times have we dropped individual clangers and its cost us..if wed had somebody like morgan at the back we could have been close to automatic promotion..fantastic achievement for warney considering....

Yeah I can see what you mean about our back line, but we made it into play offs reasonably comfortably in the end even allowing for us to be conceding goals at will at times. I still think the strength in depth of our squad will be crucial.

Fear no one!!!!! UTFM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey46 View Post
    Fear no one!!!!! UTFM!!!
    Ok Monkey spanker lol, so its the play offs again...
    Rotherham have got Scunny, and Shrewsbury have got Charlton.
    Best of luck to you all lads, but what do you all really think ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ok Monkey spanker lol, so its the play offs again...
    Rotherham have got Scunny, and Shrewsbury have got Charlton.
    Best of luck to you all lads, but what do you all really think ?.
    My honest opinion is that this team cant even come close to the last one at wembley..i had to laugh at some rose tinted glass assessment of player for player..and the standard is lower..deffo..that orient side that we beat at wembley would have walked this league this time..just shows you what can happen in football..look at them now..having said all that, here we go again..i arrive in tsilivi at kick off time ( hopefully) so its a rush to find a bar with the match on..good luck to all thats going..

Totally agree about this team not coming close to the last one at Wembley but again, as you say, the standard is lower and we have absolutely every chance in these play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Is that Barnsley, New South Wales, CAM? (13 miles west of Newcastle). Don't know what league they are in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123