+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This seasons Play Offs

This seasons Play Offs

Hey lads, best of luck to your Derby team in the play offs this season.
    And bear in mind Im saying this as a very disappointed and disgruntled Barnsley fan right now lol.
    Last edited by Acido; 06-05-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey lads, best of luck to your Derby team in the play offs this season.
    And bear in mind Im saying this as a very disappointed and disgruntled Barnsley fan right now lol.
    You will be one of the stronger teams to bounce back up Acido just like Wigan & Blackburn that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramspudnik View Post
    You will be one of the stronger teams to bounce back up Acido just like Wigan & Blackburn that’s for sure.
    Tahh Ram matey, and Im hoping we can and will be able to bounce back again next season. Its all easier said than done though isnt it lol.

Mainly young side "learning the trade". You should be able to keep hold of them.

Tahh Ram matey, and Im hoping we can and will be able to bounce back again next season. Its all easier said than done though isnt it lol.
    Hopefully good old Mick will come to save the day.

No he wont Ram, our very own Mick Mac has had various chances to manage us over the years and its either been the wrong team at the wrong time, or maybe he just doesnt want the job... and I know which option Im going for.

Anyway enough about us/Barnsley (and believe me its not often I say that on these boards!), lets talk turkey here, or rather the play offs of course lol.

You've got Fulham, and if you win its Aston Villingham or Middlesbrough in the Final. Does it matter who you play, as long as you win at this stage ?

No he wont Ram, our very own Mick Mac has had various chances to manage us over the years and its either been the wrong team at the wrong time, or maybe he just doesnt want the job... and I know which option Im going for.

Anyway enough about us/Barnsley (and believe me its not often I say that on these boards!), lets talk turkey here, or rather the play offs of course lol.

You've got Fulham, and if you win its Aston Villingham or Middlesbrough in the Final. Does it matter who you play, as long as you win at this stage ?
    Yes! Mick has had various chances to manage his beloved Barnsley over the years but he has had bigger clubs offered him the job but this time around, it could be an offer he can’t refuse in trying to get his beloved Barnsley back up to the Championship.

You need a hero Mick is here to save the day...

It doesn't matter who we play, doesn't matter who plays who, teams have gone in strong and lost, gone in weak and won.

Going into the Cardiff game I would have said we didn't have a prayer, but since then there have been positive signs. Since the game before actually but I didn't see that one - Johnson has started to look like a footballer, Lawrence has found a bit of swagger, Jerome has found his scoring boots and maybe the team has realised how to serve him, we look like we have a system that encourages forward play, and most importantly IMO Davies and Keogh look like a top quality pairing again. Yes there are shortcomings everywhere but we are in the mix. I can't wait for friday.

Fulham were favourites to win the Play-offs last season but they lost to a poor Reading side in the Semi-finals over two legs and we saw one of the worst Play-offs finals in recent memory against Huddersfield Town, which they eventually lost to them and that’s the unpredictability of the Play-offs you don’t know how it’s going to turn out.

Ok Ram mate I appreciate you wanting to chat with me about this, and I could go on at length about 'one of our own' here and this beloved hometown team Barnsley stuff etc.
    First of all Im NOT from Barnsley/South Yorkshire though and I got seriously fed up with Hecky last season, and even more so I wanted him out this season becauase I believed he was taking us down this time.
    Its often been suggested that Mick doesnt want the job here because he doesnt want to tarnish his reputation with his hometown club, because he knows hes well loved by 99% of fans and that might all turn sour with some bad management etc.

Larry (Simon) Grayson left our neighbours Bradford today and he might be in the running for our job, and now that West Brom are down from the Premship Darren Moore might be a good shout if he wants to drop down to Lg One.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)