+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Wilder goes...

Washing dirty clothes in public is normally followed by being hung out to dry- A situation we have seen far too often at BDBL so,to use another hackneyed phrase, I suppose he's getting his retaliation in first.

He knows his stock's high, highest finish for years, fans love him so, record of success, so he's simply asking for some clarity to his, and the club's position .

It's not like asking for a pay rise after getting us relegated , he has his career to look after and, let's face it SUFC's record of looking after good uns ( or even finding them) is hardly encouraging is it?

I personally think that Wilder can do better than a basket case club like Sunderland lying in League One if he were to leave us. I’m sure that there are clubs with genuine aspirations to get promoted to the Premier League next season who would consider taking a punt on him.

If he did join them, I’d wonder a little if it’s because thinks it’ll be better for him to get another ‘easy’ promotion on his CV while at the same time giving him a bit of breathing space before facing the real pressure of getting a club and fans with greater expectations back into the top tier and managing them there?

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    ......I'll never forgive him. He knows what it will do to the club and what it will mean to the fans. I know a lot of the blame must be directed at the owners and that he's been given a dumb hand. But to just leave the club for me is unforgiveable.
    Would you stay in a job where you were being asked to perform miracles with one hand tied behind your back?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    It’s your right to disagree Chippy and though I disagree with you totally and know you will never hear a wrong words about McCabe can I just say...

1/ I applaud him for speaking openly, it’s about time somebody at our club told it the way it is.
    2/ He ‘wasted’ a comparative pittance, a fraction of what ‘super manager’ Warnock ‘wasted’ on one player alone, Madin, so even after spending that kind of money you can’t guarantee players will hit the ground running in January.
    3/ Shock horror, a football team falls away a bit in the second half of the season after losing its star player and the managers got a fraction of his value to replace him. Do you think John Harris would still have got us to 2nd place open 70/71 if TC had been injured in October?
    John Harris brought in 3 players on transfer deadline day, so yes.
    Mr McCabe has made many mistakes but he didn't use a press meeting to raise the issue that CW has with his employers.
    We'll all see what happens but if CW leaves than I blame him not Mr McCabe.....not this time. The Prince has always been a distraction IMO.

Nowt 's happened yet,worry about it if and when it happens,if he wants to chase £'s its his perogative to do so.

People all have different opinions and not all agree with each others. I have my opinion which to me is the only one that counts. And lets not forget whose opinion it is.

Hard to believe that both Sunderland and Barnsley fans seem to be more positive than our fans and they have both been relegated. We finished 6 points off the play offs with the third worst transfer budget. I consider that to be good season. If Wilder leaves, I don’t think he will, then we get someone else in. No one person is bigger than this great club. We can all say what we want and make threats that we have had it with SUFC but that will never happen. We are in this for life, end of.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post

If he goes then this will surpass all else in terms of monumental cock ups by Kevin McCabe.
    Agreed. The only way I'd actually want Wilder to leave is if he resolutely refused to adapt his British first player policy and it was to the detriment of the club.

im not looking forward to Coleman being in charge next season

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I personally think that Wilder can do better than a basket case club like Sunderland lying in League One if he were to leave us. I’m sure that there are clubs with genuine aspirations to get promoted to the Premier League next season who would consider taking a punt on him.

If he did join them, I’d wonder a little if it’s because thinks it’ll be better for him to get another ‘easy’ promotion on his CV while at the same time giving him a bit of breathing space before facing the real pressure of getting a club and fans with greater expectations back into the top tier and managing them there?
    If he goes there it will do nothing for his CV - he needs to prove himself in the Championship now - hopefully with us

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast