+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Wilder goes...

If Wilder goes...

......I'll never forgive him. He knows what it will do to the club and what it will mean to the fans. I know a lot of the blame must be directed at the owners and that he's been given a dumb hand. But to just leave the club for me is unforgiveable.

Really ? Do you put Sheffield United before your own and your families needs ? I know I don't and I wouldn't expect him to either,I wouldn't ask anybody to do something I'm not prepared to do myself

...I'd wave him a cheery 'bye, thanks for everything', and then get on with moaning about the choice of the new one.

if wilder goes are we on the pitch ?? personally i dont think he will go but i do have a feeling brooks and maybe even fleck may have to be sold for him to get funds for new players

What happened to shoes off in the car park ?

Oh for the good old bad days

Billy Sharp player/manager for me,

Wilder wouldn’t give a club like Sunderland in their current position a second thought if he knew that our shower would back him properly... and before somebody says it, I don’t mean throw zillions at him, I mean just give him a decent budget to work with for the division he’s in. He wouldn’t expect to complete with the ex Premiership and big money clubs, not at this stage anyway.

The fact that he even seems to be considering a move is nothing short of disgraceful, not him but our owners, and if it happens I’ll pat him on the back and wish him every success. Loyalty only stretches so far, family and career comes first, it’s not like he’ll have made much money in his managerial career before United and even as a player. His managerial stock is rising and rising, and he’s just about in his prime career wise. He could be talking about a multi £million contract not far down the road, even with United if he got us up, assume we finally got owners who were up to the job.

Good luck Chris if you go mate! I’ll be absolutely GUTTED, but I’ll put no blame on your shoulders, just the pathetic, incompetent reprobates that try to pass themselves off as our football club owners and board members.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Wilder wouldn’t give a club like Sunderland in their current position a second thought if he knew that our shower would back him properly... and before somebody says it, I don’t mean throw zillions at him, I mean just give him a decent budget to work with for the division he’s in. He wouldn’t expect to complete with the ex Premiership and big money clubs, not at this stage anyway.

The fact that he even seems to be considering a move is nothing short of disgraceful, not him but our owners, and if it happens I’ll pat him on the back and wish him every success. Loyalty only stretches so far, family and career comes first, it’s not like he’ll have made much money in his managerial career before United and even as a player. His managerial stock is rising and rising, and he’s just about in his prime career wise. He could be talking about a multi £million contract not far down the road, even with United if he got us up, assume we finally got owners who were up to the job.

Good luck Chris if you go mate! I’ll be absolutely GUTTED, but I’ll put no blame on your shoulders, just the pathetic, incompetent reprobates that try to pass themselves off as our football club owners and board members.
    Sorry to disagree Gray, he signed a new contract, he washes dirty clothes in public, he wasted money in the JTW and he picks the team and lately seems to have got it wrong more times than right. Bad run in with 3 mins in 12.

Having put in my tuppence, I still want him to stay and think we are only a few signings short of a push for a play-off team.
    The owners mush know this and just might surprise a few of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Sorry to disagree Gray, he signed a new contract, he washes dirty clothes in public, he wasted money in the JTW and he picks the team and lately seems to have got it wrong more times than right. Bad run in with 3 mins in 12.

Having put in my tuppence, I still want him to stay and think we are only a few signings short of a push for a play-off team.
    The owners mush know this and just might surprise a few of us.
    It’s your right to disagree Chippy and though I disagree with you totally and know you will never hear a wrong words about McCabe can I just say...

1/ I applaud him for speaking openly, it’s about time somebody at our club told it the way it is.
    2/ He ‘wasted’ a comparative pittance, a fraction of what ‘super manager’ Warnock ‘wasted’ on one player alone, Madin, so even after spending that kind of money you can’t guarantee players will hit the ground running in January.
    3/ Shock horror, a football team falls away a bit in the second half of the season after losing its star player and the managers got a fraction of his value to replace him. Do you think John Harris would still have got us to 2nd place open 70/71 if TC had been injured in October?

There's two camps to side with for me

The one that says good luck Chris. Thanks for two great seasons. Thanks for turning the club around in such a short space of time. Thanks for giving us our club back. If the board can't sort out their differences, then I don't blame you for moving n to a club that perhaps shows some ambition

Then of course there is the other view, that he shouldn't walk out on the club he purports to love, who beats the club badge when the fans sing his name. The club that has also given him his greatest opportunity to succeed as a manager, by walking out at the very first time of disharmony. Should he not carry on and see how it plays out for a while?

A successful manager will also generate interest and that doesn't have to be when he is in current employment. It can be virtually any time. so I believe biding his time is not such a big deal

I would hope that he carries on for the sake of the club he loves, at least in the short term and give the two at the top time to deliver stability and a transfer budget
    Last edited by blades58; 07-05-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast