+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember Rafa's championship team he's working with?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    But why is that discussion relevant if we're not supposed to argue whether the players are good enough? The whole point that was being made was that they were Championship players in terms of their level, so you have to connect those labels to their ability.

You say they all came from the Premier League? That's true. They got relegated. And then they found themselves in the Championship. Following your own logic, that would make them Championship players as apparently ability is no matter, it's all about the league they find themselves in.
    No they didn't all get relegated and my point is, people called them championship players playing in the premier league as some kind of get out of jail free clause for Rafa. The man just couldn't lose.

However, the real topic is about showing that Rafa actually had a premier league team in the premier league, not a championship team.
    The real debate should have been Rafa having a premier league team in the championship, mainly.

Saying the players aren't good enough for the premier league is pointless when clearly they are.
    They may not be good enough for Europe or the champions league or the title....but they are good enough for the premier league.

By all means argue your portion but I'm simply telling it like it was and is.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    No they didn't all get relegated and my point is, people called them championship players playing in the premier league as some kind of get out of jail free clause for Rafa. The man just couldn't lose.

However, the real topic is about showing that Rafa actually had a premier league team in the premier league, not a championship team.
    The real debate should have been Rafa having a premier league team in the championship, mainly.
    Maybe it's because I'm tired after a long day, but what you're writing seems very confused to me. If you insist on calling them Premier League players in the Championship, then once we were promoted they must de facto also be considered Championship players in the Premier League.

A lot of our players, though certainly not all of them, are good enough for the Premier League under the right management which fortunately we have in place.

By all means argue your portion but I'm simply telling it like it was and is.
    Right back at you but please don't be so arrogant as to say you hold the only truth. That's not very nice, Ghost.

Maybe it's because I'm tired after a long day, but what you're writing seems very confused to me. If you insist on calling them Premier League players in the Championship, then once we were promoted they must de facto also be considered Championship players in the Premier League.
    Nope...only if it's misconstrued.

The players by right were premier league players, some of who dropped out into the championship and some bought from the premier league into the championship (Ritchie as an instance).
    Those players can be construed as premier league players playing in the championship, not championship players.
    Promotion catapults the premier league players playing in the championship back into the premier league as premier league players.....not championship players in the premier league, unless you add Murphy and Hanley, plus Murphy as the few that were/are.

A lot of our players, though certainly not all of them, are good enough for the Premier League under the right management which fortunately we have in place.
    That's open for debate.
    I'm not convinced he is the right manager.
    Next season will verify it one way or the other.

Right back at you but please don't be so arrogant as to say you hold the only truth. That's not very nice, Ghost.
    I've never said I hold the only truth, so if you see it that way, I can't help that.
    When I tell you I hold the only truth, take me up on it but don't be so arrogant as to accuse me of it.

See how it works?

I've never said I hold the only truth, so if you see it that way, I can't help that.
    When I tell you I hold the only truth, take me up on it but don't be so arrogant as to accuse me of it.

See how it works?
    You claim to be telling it like it is. I'm telling it in a different way. So I must be telling it the wrong way ie. lying? That's pretty arrogant to be saying, especially in the world of football in which everything is a matter of opinion.

You claim to be telling it like it is. I'm telling it in a different way. So I must be telling it the wrong way ie. lying? That's pretty arrogant to be saying, especially in the world of football in which everything is a matter of opinion.
    No. I claim to tell it the way I see it and you oppose that. It doesn't make either of us correct until we both have the facts.
    None of us do so we argue any points based on how we see the issue and that's it.

My opinion is my matter as your opinion is your matter.
    Calling me arrogant for my stance makes you exactly the same.

No. I claim to tell it the way I see it and you oppose that. It doesn't make either of us correct until we both have the facts.
    None of us do so we argue any points based on how we see the issue and that's it.

My opinion is my matter as your opinion is your matter.
    Calling me arrogant for my stance makes you exactly the same.
    Wrong.

"By all means argue your portion but I'm simply telling it like it was and is"

What that says is that I can argue for my stance but you're saying it how it is; ergo I'm wrong and you're right.

Wrong.

"By all means argue your portion but I'm simply telling it like it was and is"

What that says is that I can argue for my stance but you're saying it how it is; ergo I'm wrong and you're right.
    I believe I am right and so do you. That's why debates happen and is why this is happening right now.
    That technically doesn't mean we are both right.

I believe I am right and so do you. That's why debates happen and is why this is happening right now.
    That technically doesn't mean we are both right.
    Exactly. So you're not telling it like it is, you're telling like you think it is. Big difference.

Exactly. So you're not telling it like it is, you're telling like you think it is. Big difference.
    I am telling you how it is because it actually is what I'm telling you.
    The OP states my case and it's what it is and is my belief.

By all means keep telling me it's different but I stand firm.

I am telling you how it is because it actually is what I'm telling you.
    The OP states my case and it's what it is and is my belief.

By all means keep telling me it's different but I stand firm.
    Good! You've finally seen the light. I knew you'd come around!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)