+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An indication that Rafa is leaving

Question An indication that Rafa is leaving

Some posters on here have recently said that they feel Rafa will leave in the summer, predicting that Ashley won't back him financially and that other big clubs will be coming for him.

I read that both Atsu and Dummett came out and said it was essential that Rafa stays, and I interpret this as there being a genuine risk, which they are apparently aware of, that he's leaving.

Personally, I'm convinced he will stay on at least another season, although I recognize the risks in the summer that Ashley will let him down once more and he'll pack his bags.

So... who thinks he will leave and who thinks he's staying on?

As long as Ashley owns the club, everything is at risk.

It depends on what clubs come in for him and the wage son offer.

He wants to manage in England.
    What clubs can better the wages he's getting?

@rsenal?.... doubtful
    Chelsea?.... doubtful
    Man Utd? .....nope
    Man City?....nope
    Liverpool?...nope
    West Ham?.....possible
    Everton?.....hmmmmm can't see it.

What can he do at West ham any better than he can do at Newcastle?
    If he plays the football at West ham that he played most of the season at Newcastle, they'll crucify him in short order.

Looks like he's staying or he's going back abroad.

He couldn't manage a cake shop

In any other business with his success rate he would have been sacked
    Especially with. His wage Demands

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It depends on what clubs come in for him and the wage son offer.

He wants to manage in England.
    What clubs can better the wages he's getting?

@rsenal?.... doubtful
    Chelsea?.... doubtful
    Man Utd? .....nope
    Man City?....nope
    Liverpool?...nope
    West Ham?.....possible
    Everton?.....hmmmmm can't see it.

What can he do at West ham any better than he can do at Newcastle?
    If he plays the football at West ham that he played most of the season at Newcastle, they'll crucify him in short order.

Looks like he's staying or he's going back abroad.
    Thing is, I don't believe it's about wages with Rafa. Aye, I know he gets very well paid here but first and foremost he's a football man. He wants to be at a club where he feels they have a chance of progressing and having a decent shot in the Cups.

As for your list of clubs, I would even include Leicester-won the League two years ago and are prepared to invest, it would seem (not that I think he'll go there-it's more just to say I don't think it's monetary gain or even, necessarily, the size of the club for him.

The sad thing is, he clearly feels that this is the right club for him and wants to stay and if he's given the right backing, he will definitely progress us . I say sad because, as I've said, I don't think Ashley will back him properly and he'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    He couldn't manage a cake shop

In any other business with his success rate he would have been sacked
    Especially with. His wage Demands
    Forget my comment

Read the stats wrong ��
    Last edited by AP69; 07-05-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Thing is, I don't believe it's about wages with Rafa. Aye, I know he gets very well paid here but first and foremost he's a football man. He wants to be at a club where he feels they have a chance of progressing and having a decent shot in the Cups.
    I'm not convinced of the money part.
    I agree that he's a living breathing football man but I'd argue that he wouldn't go to a club with more potential than another if the money was less.
    That's my gut feeling but I can't prove it, other than seeing him take on Real Madrid and Chelsea and what not.
    Basically most of the clubs have been close to ready made with just tweaking.
    I don't believe for one minute he'd have touched us with a barge pole if he'd been offered half of the salary he's on.
    Just my opinion like.

As for your list of clubs, I would even include Leicester-won the League two years ago and are prepared to invest, it would seem (not that I think he'll go there-it's more just to say I don't think it's monetary gain or even, necessarily, the size of the club for him.
    Conspiracy coming......I don't believe Leicester won anything on their own.....seriously but people won't accept looking into it, they'll just decide that Chelsea, man Utd, Man city, @arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham all just imploded to hand them the title by 10 clear points.
    Not a chance in hell.

The sad thing is, he clearly feels that this is the right club for him and wants to stay and if he's given the right backing, he will definitely progress us . I say sad because, as I've said, I don't think Ashley will back him properly and he'll go.
    He's got the fans on his side because the fans feel privileged to have him after the managers we've had who they despised....so fair enough on that one.
    He's one of very few managers that could get away with a lot of stuff he has got away with in terms of the team and in a way it's helped him and the team, so he's fortunate.

As for him taking this club forward. I highly doubt it, unless he's handed a kings ransom and then some for contingencies.
    I don't think he can produce much by paying a fair price for identified quality and will more than likely continue to discard players with potential if they don't fit his style, which is generally horrible.

So Ghost who would you have? And what kind of budget?

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    So Ghost who would you have? And what kind of budget?
    If Rafa changed his stance a bit to more balanced with the team like he was doing and stopped the over cautious nonsense against the bigger teams, then I'd be happy for him to carry on and be given player sales money and maybe a 50 million cash on the hip spend.
    A potential 80 million spend all told...as long as he didn't squander it on negative buys.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    If Rafa changed his stance a bit to more balanced with the team like he was doing and stopped the over cautious nonsense against the bigger teams, then I'd be happy for him to carry on and be given player sales money and maybe a 50 million cash on the hip spend.
    A potential 80 million spend all told...as long as he didn't squander it on negative buys.
    Not getting involved in the actual post per se,buttt why do you nivvor reply to daft cnuts posts?
    When you know of the accuastions being levelled at you,is it that you just divvint like the cnut?
    Just thought I would hoy this one in to the ether...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)