+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thanks Villa fans.....

Thanks Villa fans.....

for coming down to the Den on sat and helping create a brilliant atmosphere. the place was rocking. I kn0w it was not the result you wanted but if its any consolation none of the top 10 teams have won at the Den ths season except Fulham. And now you have the playoffs to think of. We have had a great season as you have, the Championship is a great league, good luck in the playoffs but we would be pleased to see you down the Den next season. The Prem is all about money.

Cheers Claw I quite like the cut and thrust of the championship and tbh I'm not that concerned about promotion as we have been competitive in this league. However, I would still rather be playing with the kudos of the prem. Good luck for the future

Nice one claw 👍🏻 it has been nice being competitive this season however the last few seasons in the premiership we under achieved with poor choice of managers and poor signings. It's not the end of the world if we don't go up but I do worry the longer we stay in the league the harder it will be to go up especially if we loose key players like Snoddy Adomah Chester etc.
    I think things will be different if we get promoted. Dr X has massive ambition and I think he will fund the club heavily once were promoted. He said he wants us to be a top European club and that will cost a fortune. Our first season back will be all about survival but after that I think we can build on it every season and over a few years fullfill his ambition and put us back where we left off with MON. But hey he took us as far as he could and fans wanted us going to the next level.
    Last edited by bongosdad; 08-05-2018 at 09:00 AM.

All I can think of is Jim Carey's character in the movie Liar Liar.

The Claw...... The Claw.....

Thanks Claw. Your side was excellent on Sunday. The second pen was never a pen though but it worked out!!! I thought your left winger was the best player on the pitch btw. I've seen Archer make some errors in goal this season, not sure if it's because he's young or just bad, but better keeping could push you lot into the play offs next year.

[QUOTE=stateside;38882666]Thanks Claw. Your side was excellent on Sunday. The second pen was never a pen though but it worked out!!! I thought your left winger was the best player on the pitch btw. I've seen Archer make some errors in goal this season, not sure if it's because he's young or just bad, but better keeping could push you lot into the play offs next year.[/QUOTE Agree with you stateside in that the 2ed penalty was tough one to call. As for our wingers they are both products of our youth academy ,Adian O'Brian and Fred Onyedinma. In his early years your Lewis Grabban spent 3 at the Den, we bought him for £150,000. But we are not a rich club and keeping good players is a struggle.

As for Villa your owners have deep pockets and I can see if you get promoted you should do well, mind you Barnsley have Chinese billionaire owners and of course we know their fate. It's strange how nearly all the big Midlands clubs have very wealthy Chinese owners. Good luck in the Playoffs, we have been to Wembley for the past 2 years in the playoffs so this year was too much to hope for.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)