+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Repeatedly tonking the Wo1ve5 especially in the games that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    It was just a question TalkSAFT.

Am i right in saying that on that basis Everton would be classed as a bigger club than Man. Utd having hardly ever left the top flight league and thus possibly accruing more 'points'?

Who made up this points system? Yourself?
    (Re Everton/ManU) Yes. Why not, if they've done it more consistently over the 130 years - that's what it's about, this All-time League. And I only put it together out of interest because a Wo1ve5 fan colleague was insistent that his team had consistently outgunned the Albion.
    No doubt ManU fans would scoff, and say anything before WW2 shouldn't count. Perhaps you'd like to exclude the 80s when you were in the 4th Division because that was a one-off(?)
    Any objection to "this points system"?

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    (Re Everton/ManU) Yes. Why not, if they've done it more consistently over the 130 years - that's what it's about, this All-time League. And I only put it together out of interest because a Wo1ve5 fan colleague was insistent that his team had consistently outgunned the Albion.
    No doubt ManU fans would scoff, and say anything before WW2 shouldn't count. Perhaps you'd like to exclude the 80s when you were in the 4th Division because that was a one-off(?)
    Any objection to "this points system"?
    Why would I have any objections?

Two points though, to say "it's the only scientific way to grade all Clubs in the All-time League." is ridiculous. You have admitted it's something you made up in your spare time.

Secondly, I think it would be a hell of a lot more than just Man. Utd fans that would "scoff" at Everton being classed as a bigger club-try asking that question on a global basis.

With regards to Wolves, I'm not really bothered who thinks who is the biggest club.

I've often wondered why it is so important for fans to think that their club is far superior to others. Why? You've already decided to be a fan of a particular club, so why should it be such a bother if a fan from another club thinks that his club is superior to yours. Personally, I couldn't care less if Wolves have been better than us, or vice versa. I will say this, though, Aston Villa have far outstripped both of us over the years, but it doesn't matter, does it?

Wo1ve5 were only ever considered a "big Club" in the 50s under Stan Cullis (virtually) fullstop!
    Before and since they're on a par with Blues.
    "Big Club" is pretty meaningless. I mean Leeds see themselves as a"Big Club", and they're actually 23rd all-time. Some believe "Big Club" is defined by their Home Attendance. Well, fair enough, but Albion and Wo1ve5 have done well despite being small-town Clubs in deprived areas with more local rivals. The only measure you can use is consistent achievement, which 3rd placed Everton have done above 4th placed ManU, whether people in other countries are aware of that or not.

Would you like me to grade the scores so that recent Years' results are more meaningful than in the 1880s? If so, why?..............
    and we'd probably still finish above you.

Wo1ve5 were only ever considered a "big Club" in the 50s under Stan Cullis (virtually) fullstop!
    "Big Club" is pretty meaningless. I mean Leeds see themselves as a"Big Club", and they're actually 23rd all-time. Some believe "Big Club" is defined by their Home Attendance. Well, fair enough, but Albion and Wo1ve5 have done well despite being small-town Clubs in deprived areas with more local rivals. The only measure you can use is consistent achievement, which 3rd placed Everton have done above 4th placed ManU, whether people in other countries are aware of that or not.

Would you like me to grade the scores so that recent Years' results are more meaningful than in the 1880s? If so, why?..............
    Why do you keep making this into an 'us against you' argument?

I have already stated I don't care what your "scientific" system that you made up in a few minutes conjures up.

I just think it's ridiculous that you could even start to try and prove Everton are seen as a bigger club than Man. Utd.

I'm certain your magic formula would put Sunderland ahead of Liverpool too.

Sorry, I just find it bewildering and somewhat well, wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Why do you keep making this into an 'us against you' argument?

I have already stated I don't care what your "scientific" system that you made up in a few minutes conjures up.

I just think it's ridiculous that you could even start to try and prove Everton are seen as a bigger club than Man. Utd.

I'm certain your magic formula would put Sunderland ahead of Liverpool too.

Sorry, I just find it bewildering and somewhat well, wrong.

He needs to give his head a wobble Newcster a system so desperate its gone past clutching at straws!!

Yes please talkSAFT, it’s very interesting and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    He needs to give his head a wobble Newcster a system so desperate its gone past clutching at straws!!
    Talksaft.

How apt.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    I've often wondered why it is so important for fans to think that their club is far superior to others. Why? You've already decided to be a fan of a particular club, so why should it be such a bother if a fan from another club thinks that his club is superior to yours. Personally, I couldn't care less if Wolves have been better than us, or vice versa. I will say this, though, Aston Villa have far outstripped both of us over the years, but it doesn't matter, does it?
    Don't know why the word 'superior' has entered this thread. I do not consider the Albion superior to Wo1ve5 or any other team, they just happen to be my team. All I am saying is I have lots of happy memories of beating the Wo1ve5 and very few of losing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Dodgy Sodje.
    Sam Sodje. Forgotten all about him. Was a Reading player at the time played 7 times for us and in his 4 years at Reading was loaned to 4 clubs. What a joke that system is.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)