+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Repeatedly tonking the Wo1ve5 especially in the games that matter

THREE and EASY. Really enjoyed this one as we never looked like losing and played some great stuff.

Our win at home in 2005. I think this was the game when started as favourites for the first time in a BCD for probably 20 years so making our previous victories against them at this time all the sweeter. Seems however bad we were we were just too good for them!

We totally dominated the game they were lucky to get nil. Clearly remember Greening's screamer and Hartson's pen but can't recall Kamara's goal. Anyone help with a bit of footage or a description? Must be the only game a goalie (Zubithingy) had nothing to do and still had a nightmare!

October 2006 .

Sorry I haven't got time to check online for the video highlights.

All of the best with that one, maybe Holmleigh can help out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    THREE and EASY. Really enjoyed this one as we never looked like losing and played some great stuff.

Our win at home in 2005. I think this was the game when started as favourites for the first time in a BCD for probably 20 years so making our previous victories against them at this time all the sweeter. Seems however bad we were we were just too good for them!

We totally dominated the game they were lucky to get nil. Clearly remember Greening's screamer and Hartson's pen but can't recall Kamara's goal. Anyone help with a bit of footage or a description? Must be the only game a goalie (Zubithingy) had nothing to do and still had a nightmare!
    Wow. You really are affected by your games with us aren't you?

Hey, stop trying to get cheap historical points on Wolves, it means nothing.

Look to the future, Wigan, Blackburn, here's the big one...Shrewsbury maybe.

9goals, try concentrating on who you are, not what you were.

Goodnight.

Thanks Albionic having the right year was a help in finding it. Albrechtsen ffs (which poster gave him that name?) had a stormer.

Here it is

www.youtube.com/watch?v=79V5dsypyJo

I see Newcy was posting as soon as Eurovision finished. I imagine him to be the sort of bloke who is a fan. He'll know the answer to at least part of this.
    Which is the most recent

a UK Eurovision win

a W0lve3 win at the Hawthorns.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 13-05-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Brings a smile to my face that one of them has took the time and looked at all those results, Thought that might happen.

Of couse my memory is selective. Isn't everyones? You must have a queer memory if not. And surely no one can have forgotten 1-5, 0-3,3-0 or play offs. Don't worry I'll remind you of them all later if you can bear to go on reading. So it's no sophism on my part just an honest reflection of games I attended and remember v Wolves.

Anyway my next memory is 1-0 in the Championship Play Offs.

I picked my son up straight from Junior School to drive the 170 miles to the Hawthorns. When we got there I guessed he must be hungry but he said he was so nervous he couldn't possibly eat. From the match I only remember Kevin Phillip's goal at the SME and then the Albion CH passing the ball past Kiely. Only the BRE blowing so hard actually gave the Albion defender time to get back and clear it mm's from the line. The only chance they had all game.Who was the Albion CH?
    And on the pitch after the match.
    On the way back the wife called every 1/2 hour to make sure we were OK. Got back about 2. Next morning I went to work and the lad went to school one very happy Baggie.
    And talking of Keven Phillips how many did he score for us v the Wo1ve5?
    Seem to remember he had a predliction for scoring against them whoever he played for. Anyone confirm? Perhaps Eve or Newcy can look it up and come on here with the total.

Who put the ball in the Dingle's goal
    Who put the ball in the Dingle's goal
    Who put the ball in the Dingle's goal Super Kevin Phillips.
    Got this from the Express

Wolves prove to be easy pickings for Kevin Phillips

Phillips hit ten of his 285 career goals against Wolves.

It all started with a last-minute goal at Molineux almost two decades ago that earned Watford an undeserved point in March 1995.
    Then came another for Sunderland at Molineux in September 1998. Another two followed for Southampton on the ground in April 2004.

Then came his goal in the FA Cup for Albion in January 2007 and his three in the two-legged play-offs. Then came those two goals in six minutes that turned a local derby on its head for Blues in February 2010. Thankfully that appears to be where the curse ended.

“My record is pretty good against them,” Phillips once remarked. “They are probably fed up of me as you heard when I came on. Their fans booed me quite a bit.

“Players have teams you tend to score against in your career and, unfortunately for Wolves, it is them in my case.

I remember the kp one at the council ground when he gives them the up yours arm gesture.

I doubt any vagrant was there that day to get offended though.

There are many historical tables out there that show our dominance, but why do you need that as ammunition when you have the more recent collection buckets and posters of please give generously or we aye gotta taime.

I know Albion fans who put money in those collection buckets.

The local council had to buy the ground and lease it to them.

If your club let's the chase of league cups result in the undignified begging buckets being your only option of an existence, it is no surprise that you get equally unfortunate vagrants latching on to such money making schemes these days.

But, remember folks never hate anyone who has a different coloured scarf.

Just give generously!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)