+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The Fishal dead team sevco Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Am I right in thinking we are guaranteed to be in Europe if Hibs lose tonight?
    For 3 rounds th usual Derek campaign

Yes.
    If they lose, they remain 4 points behind us with 3 to play for.

We want a draw really, puts them 2 points behind Rangers, knowing a win at home against them on Sunday puts them above Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Surely if it transpires that Hearts win tonight and Hibs win on Sunday, its not relying on other people to do the job.
    Our points accumulation over the season will have put us in second.

Incidentally, I think it will be a draw tonight, meaning Hibs will need to beat SevCo to go above them.
    We may not get second, but that would push SevCo to 4th, which will be a nice silver lining.
    Was reading this morning, and not of course in the Scottish MSM, that Sevco may be denied a licence to play in Europe next season anyway, due to their financial mess.

Even with Regan gone now from the SFA, it's unlikely this will happen, but you never know. Already gone to appeal, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I couldn't access this feckin site last night from my I-phone as it was taking me to a Ferrari advert FFS.

So, I suppose I've had the benefit of having thinking time.

my random take on last night;

- first 10 minutes we were awful and stood off them - AGAIN
    - we maybe got a bit lucky with the pen - can see why ref gave it, but replays are inconclusive
    - we didn't press home our dominance in first half
    - the scum were dirty hacking b@stards - McLean was lenient - how Goss stayed on I'll never know. McCrorie ditto
    - 2nd half was poor - they were better, and probably deserved a draw at the end up?
    - McKenna was really poor I thought
    - Ball was pretty good, Cosgrove had a good first half, McLean likewise
    - GMS looked half fit - should've tried him on the right against that f*****g donkey Halliday
    - WTF has happened to Ryan Christie in the 2nd half of the season?!
    - What is the point in putting Rooney on with 1 minute to go FFS?
    - Don't think we'll be 2nd now - my gut tells me 3rd at best.

A poor season.
    Major changes on the way.
    Does anyone trust DM & Russ Richardson to improve us with their recruitment? I don't.
    Decent summing up. Ball looked good, probably no more than a squad player next season if he did stay, but could be totally relied on (in midfield, Derek) if called upon.

Looked like Ball was bushed mid 2nd half and with McLean and GMS only playing at 50% by then cos of injuries, explains to an extent why we faded badly

Greg Stewart is a waste of a shirt in my book, and certainly is no impact sub. Stevie May, will need to watch the game again on TV later tonight to make up mind on his performance, as was up the other end of the pitch from me. Looked predictably laboured though.

Needed an injection of pace from 65 mins on last night, Scott Wright would have been that man, but he appears out of Derek's good books right now.

Feck knows what team will get bandaged up to play on sunday, walking wounded by the sounds of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Decent summing up. Ball looked good, probably no more than a squad player next season if he did stay, but could be totally relied on (in midfield, Derek) if called upon.

Looked like Ball was bushed mid 2nd half and with McLean and GMS only playing at 50% by then cos of injuries, explains to an extent why we faded badly

Greg Stewart is a waste of a shirt in my book, and certainly is no impact sub. Stevie May, will need to watch the game again on TV later tonight to make up mind on his performance, as was up the other end of the pitch from me. Looked predictably laboured though.

Needed an injection of pace from 65 mins on last night, Scott Wright would have been that man, but he appears out of Derek's good books right now.

Feck knows what team will get bandaged up to play on sunday, walking wounded by the sounds of it.
    I think the team in general needs pace added to it.
    I'm not sure about Scott Wright - he seems to always be in TOO much of a rush and isn't really sure himself what he's doing?
    Greg Stewart is a clever enough player but is so unfit, overweight and slow.

Interesting summer ahead - recruitment has to be much better than last year.

I think we need about 4 or 5 for the starting X1 and some bench fillers (unless he's intending promoting a couple of youngsters....yes, no laughing at the back)

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Yes.
    If they lose, they remain 4 points behind us with 3 to play for.

We want a draw really, puts them 2 points behind Rangers, knowing a win at home against them on Sunday puts them above Rangers.
    no, we want Hearts to win (they won't as they're pish)
    If Hibs draw, then they'd finish above us with a win over SEVCO.....as we're getting horsed on Sunday
    I get your thought process... a draw keeps them "interested" when playing SEVCO.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Was reading this morning, and not of course in the Scottish MSM, that Sevco may be denied a licence to play in Europe next season anyway, due to their financial mess.

Even with Regan gone now from the SFA, it's unlikely this will happen, but you never know. Already gone to appeal, apparently
    As we speak, trouser legs are being rolled up within the SFA, and funny handshakes are going on.
    If SEVCO don't get a licence to play in the Europa League, I'll be absolutely staggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    For 3 rounds th usual Derek campaign
    I'll say just the two rounds
    I saw a list of teams on Twitter we could get in QR2 if we're in Europe - most would beat us. We'd be unseeded.
    all those on loan lower English league players will take months to bed in you know. *rolls eyes*

If Hibs only draw tonight, we are still guaranteed to be in Europe. That would leave both Hibs and Sevco behind us with one game to play. As they are playing each other on Sunday, they can’t both catch us.
    Would rather we got there under our own steam, but c’mon Hertz.

Guaranteed if Hibs don't win, a draw does it.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast