+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Laszlo

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Laszlo brought Lyng and Brandon Mason in to train and have a look at them for a number of weeks before he decided to sign them
    He knew of Lyng beforehand.

TTT - im all for stability but it has to be the right man for the job. I'm not convinced he is but if he manages to get us up then maybe it would be harsh to punt him,if he fails then its a definite see yi later from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

TTT - im all for stability but it has to be the right man for the job. I'm not convinced he is but if he manages to get us up then maybe it would be harsh to punt him,if he fails then its a definite see yi later from me.
    Wasn't being bitchy Whitfield, just adding that he brought those two players in before the window opened to train and prepare them and obviously thought they were up to the job. Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Wasn't being bitchy Whitfield, just adding that he brought those two players in before the window opened to train and prepare them and obviously thought they were up to the job. Shocking
    Didn't think you were being bitchy bud. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

Understand that but where does it end? We get another manager that doesn't instantly succeed (after a few months) then he gets punted et cetera et cetera.

The problem is that ST recruitment of managers was really poor.

Ray was ok but Mixu and Csaba have been absolute disaster areas with not just bad but mind boggling decisions

Yes we want stability but you won’t get stability from persisting with an obviously bad manager.

Appoint someone good with a decent track record eg McCall. Give him a 3 year contract and back him. That would be far more sensible and bring greater stability.

That all said. I’m desperate csaba prove us wrong and we get up via the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Understand that but where does it end? We get another manager that doesn't instantly succeed (after a few months) then he gets punted et cetera et cetera.
    Don't know if i can trust him, he talks the talk but has delivered very little. He has also recruited a decent amount of players in the January window who again have delivered very little. The loss of Fyvie in particular didn't help his cause but too many duds have been signed.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    And Jim McLean never made a mistake. Ever.

And Csaba admitted in his latest press conference that he made mistakes.
    Are you his best pal? Or his dad? Forever leaping to his defence! Fkn boring!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Comparing McLean to Laszlo is like comparing a talented opera singer to a drunk shambling about on the karaoke
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    A half decent manager would succeed after a few months. It comes down to the Idiots picking the manager.

Mixu was picked because he was a free agent as was Ray mckinnon as was Shabba. Lazy penny pnching picks.

Or like comparing a corner shop to a supermarket?
    Sometimes, just sometimes, the corner shop gets the business done.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)